Magic route changes due to Sandy

JRock59

Just had an email from a friend on the ship. The Magic was in Key West today. at sea tomorrow, Costa Maya on Thursday, Cozumel on Friday, at sea Saturday and back home Sunday. Due to TS/Hurricane Sandy MoBay and GC were canceled. IMHO they good some pretty nice replacement ports but I'm sure someone will complain about the route being changes.........

They had about 200 to 500 get off the boat today complaing about the changes. I will say they guaranted there cruise ploicy! They has busses line up to take cruisers back to Miami. It was a good day for all the kids to be running around Key west with all the naked girls. Its Fantasy fest!!! This would of been my fantasy at 12 years old! Carnival sks more than a Zumba instructor.

Seriously! You are joking. I'm on the Magic and I don't know where those people were or are. We flooded Key West with shoppers and drinkers. Saw lots of folks enjoying themselves all over town. And we were the only ship debarking as the Imagination was just leaving. When the announcement was made one group of thirty something's cheered. Guess they prefer KW over Montego Bay.

Maybe I'm just not tuned in to the grumps but everyone seemed buzzed and happy last night when we got underway. Party by the pool was busy last night. The weather in Key West was gorgeous and the sunset devine.

The excursion desk was packed with people making changes to their plans and no one groaned.

Birds of a feather.

We are still enjoying our cruise to wherever it takes us.

How interesting it would be to have a mystery cruise where you had no idea where the ports were.:rolleyes:

Seriously! You are joking. I'm on the Magic and I don't know where those people were or are. We flooded Key West with shoppers and drinkers. Saw lots of folks enjoying themselves all over town. And we were the only ship debarking as the Imagination was just leaving. When the announcement was made one group of thirty something's cheered. Guess they prefer KW over Montego Bay.

Maybe I'm just not tuned in to the grumps but everyone seemed buzzed and happy last night when we got underway. Party by the pool was busy last night. The weather in Key West was gorgeous and the sunset devine.

The excursion desk was packed with people making changes to their plans and no one groaned.

Birds of a feather.

How interesting it would be to have a mystery cruise where you had no idea where the ports were.:rolleyes:

How nice to hear someone who is positive and isn't letting the changes get to them. I'd rather be in ports or at sea in the sun shine than docked or sailing in pouring rain sounds like you would also! Don't know if you are reading this while sailing but if so in Costa Maya there's a great place called Tropicante it's owned by an American his name is Steve it's about a 10 minute taxi or bus ride from the port. The beach is beautiful, food is good and beer is ice cold!

They had about 200 to 500 get off the boat today complaing about the changes. I will say they guaranted there cruise ploicy! They has busses line up to take cruisers back to Miami. It was a good day for all the kids to be running around Key west with all the naked girls. Its Fantasy fest!!! This would of been my fantasy at 12 years old! Carnival sks more than a Zumba instructor.

?? confused??

Why would they bus people "back to Miami" when the Magic sails out of Galveston??

?? confused??

Why would they bus people "back to Miami" when the Magic sails out of Galveston??

Besides an after sailing change in itinerary does not give a passenger any rights as far as cancelling the rest of their cruise. So I'm confused as to why Carnival would have buses going back to Miami.

Guess we'll have to see if we get a post #2:)

Besides an after sailing change in itinerary does not give a passenger any rights as far as cancelling the rest of their cruise. So I'm confused as to why Carnival would have buses going back to Miami.

Carnival's Vacation Guarantee, although it says you have to debark at the first non-U.S. port of call... since debarking at a U.S. port is in violation of the PVCA.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/fun/cruise_control/vacation_guarantee.aspx

Birds of a feather.

I love that idea of a mystery cruise! We've been to most Caribbean ports anyway. There are a few ports that I haven't been to that I really have my heart set on. If I was on a cruise where I actually had a specific port in mind, I would be disappointed.

A mystery cruise does sound like fun, as long as it is possible to make port somewhere and not have extra sea days.

At least on a cruise ship you can move around a hurricane, with little impact on your vacation. If you were vacationing at an all inclusive, chances are we would be evacuated and that would be the end of your vacation.

Archived