Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

When we exited the dining room we met some of our CC group that we hung around with throughout the cruise. What a wonderful group of people, they made this cruise the most fun we had in all of our cruises.

DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0593.jpg

After dinner we walked around waiting the big show to start in the Phantom Main Lounge.

The Showband in Jeeves Lounge.

DSC_0594.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

Everyone’s all dressed up in the lobby

DSC_0596.jpg

We stopped at the taste bar for a snack. Very good.

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0598.jpg

Early seating was at 8:45 pm and the show was called ‘Generations’. We got there at 8:15 pm for good seats, in the second floor balcony. We really enjoyed it. I have a few photos of us waiting for the show to start but for safety reasons and copyright laws I was unable to take photos of the show.

DSC_0601.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0603.jpg

Baked Stuffed White Mushrooms

DSC_0580.jpg

West Indian Roasted Pumpkin Soup

DSC_0581.jpg

Caesar Salad

DSC_0582.jpg

OMG I love the mushrooms and the pumpkin soup!!! way to much cheese on your Cesar for me!! get rid of the cheese, add a steak and you have a scrumptious meal!!

Edited by hockeyluver

Dominic was the host and opened up the show with a few jokes and gags.

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0608.jpg

DSC_0609.jpg

First on at 9:45pm was Craig Diamond. He was very good. Then at 10:45 it was Tom McGillen, he was good but in our opinion not as good as Diamond.

Tom McGillen

DSC_0610.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

After the shows we treated Arielle to her favorite Carnival treat, Chocolate Strawberries at the Café.

DSC_0612.jpg

DSC_0613.jpg

To finish off the night we went to the Dr. Frankenstein Lab dance club. Good music.

DSC_0614.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

It was a bit past midnight when we hit the sack. Goodnight

DSC_0599.jpg

Tomorrow Sea Day.

Thank you for your reviews, this one holds great interest for me.

It would be great to sail out of New York. Love your photos.

We will be sailing her out of Long Beach headed to Hawaii next year this same time of year.

Wonderful to get a feel of the ship, and helps to pass the months.

Thanks again...:)

Thank you, glad your enjoying it. Mike

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that I always look forward to your reviews. You & your family look like you always have a good time & with all the photos it feels like I am there with you. I look forward to reading the rest of the review.

:)

Thank You. I see your from Australia. Tracy has some family there and some day we plan on visiting. Maybe we can add a cruise or two while we are there. :D

Your food pics of the steakhouse were wonderful!! This cruise we are also doing the steakhouse the first night...did you get a choice of red, white or perhaps a bubbly?

All the food looked so good:):):)

It's always white wine for us. Tracy is actually allergic to alcohol. More often than not she starts sneezing when she drinks. Red wine is the worst, white not so bad, she's usually safe with cocktails. :eek:

MikeyA53 What a great Review, so wish I had cruised the Miracle when it was in Tampa, beautiful ship. Fantastic pictures, what camera did you use. Thanks for posting the Review.

Thank you, I'm using a old Nikon D50. Mike

Mike, what a great review! I love how you leave no stone unturned. Having a complete ship tour before you start the review of the cruise and other things is great! I can hardly wait to see more. First time I have ever subscribed to a thread, but this is well worth it.

Thank you!:D

Glad you like it, sometimes I wonder if most people like the complete ship tour or not. :)

Mike thank you so much for taking the time to do your reviews. They make us feel as if we are on the ship with you. I'm sitting in my garage with the door open a glass of fine rum and a cigar. It's 50 degrees ( farenheit) and we are in the 25th hour of hurricane Sandy. The winds are blown about 45 with gusts around 65-70. Thanks to you I am on the ship and enjoying the beautiful sunrise ( great pics). Can't wait for our next cruise.

Thank you Imonislandtime, hope it didn't get any worse for you. All we are getting is about 30 mph wind with lots of rain.

Love, Love Loving your review...I sure hope I get to see the Miracle up close and personal...

thinking a Hawaii cruise would be a good time to do it too.

Thank you Island Hopper58. I think a lot of us are thinking about a Hawaii cruise. :D

Hey Mike, great review as per usual!! Wonderful pics and commentary. I think you have the perfect mix of ship, scenary and family pictures.

Thank you Richard.

I'm looking at the same itinerary (but on the Splendor) next Sept, so I am sure I will have more questions as we go, but... here are a few:

- Pools seemed to be closed when you got on the ship. You mentioned that it was 80 out.. Do they normally have the pool closed for cruises heading out of NYC on the first day?

I noticed that the pools were closed when we left and the day we returned to New York. Is it a common occurrence, I don't know.

- How early did you show up for the cooking demonstration?

We got there at 12 pm. No need to get there early unless you want a front row seat.

Thanks, hope Frankenstorm is not too hard on NB.

Not bad, maybe 30 mph winds with lots of rain.

Richard

Mike