Question about sofa bed in balcony cabin

We are planning on booking a balcony cabin and an inside for my daughter and her friend. If for some reason the friend can't go and I have a balcony for 2 with a sofa would RCI let my daughter stay in our room if a balcony for 3 were not available?

Thanks for any info.

We are planning on booking a balcony cabin and an inside for my daughter and her friend. If for some reason the friend can't go and I have a balcony for 2 with a sofa would RCI let my daughter stay in our room if a balcony for 3 were not available?

Thanks for any info.

It would depend on whether or not the cabin you have states if it is for two or a quad because I believe even if it has a sofa the ship may only allow two people in that cabin.

It depends on the room. You need to look at the deck plans to see. They have little symbols that indicate whether the room can accommodate more than 2 passengers and how.

Thanks for the info. I have only been looking at that category on Grandeur. I think those all have the little symbol for 3. Oddly, when I play around with it and request a cabin for 4, the same rooms come up, although the deck plan only has a symbol for 3. Good to know they are all different in case we start considering rebooking on board. We'd need at least one of a set of connecting verandahs to hold 3.

Archived