raspberry cocktail planet bar azura

MTElkwhistle

Copied from the P&O website. They have all the bar menus/wine lists there.

"RASPBERRY CRÈME BRÛLÉE £5.25

Baileys, Chambord Black Raspberry Liqueur, caramel syrup, raspberries and cream shaken together. Ever since Baileys was invented in 1974 bartenders have been trying to mix it into cocktails – we think they have succeeded with this delicious addition."

Enjoy:D

Edited by cruiser1955

• 1 year later...
Wouldn't be trying to replicate last Friday night would we?!

Sorry, the three women in my life tried some of the cocktails and mocktails, but not that one.

Last Friday now let me think, No definitely didn't have a raspberry creme brulee.

Sat listening to Glen Macnamara in Malabar with a White Russian.

Great way to end a great week.

and Yes please to the recipe, although I found it a bit too sickly when I last had one in October on Oceana, different bar tender of course.

• 4 months later...

I loved this cocktail and asked the waiter how it was made. He gave us the recipe as follows:

50mls - Baileys

50mls Double Cream (Whipping he did stipulate)

25mls - Chambord

12.5mls - Caramel Syrup

Small amount fresh raspberries

Shake all ingredients together over ice.

We bought the (alcoholic) ingredients back with us, and since back we have tried to make this a few times, after buying a cocktail shaker. Because he said 'over ice' and there was no actual ice in the drink, we presumed it was strained of the ice. But we did bring back a Baileys with caramel flavour because we thought we might struggle to get caramel syrup, (we didn't - picked it up easily at both Starbucks and Sainsburys).

We have made it a few times but the difficulty has been getting it to be as stiff as it was on the ship, (where the small straws stood up in the mixture). We can't seem to manage that yet, even using whipping cream. The taste is not far off, but the caramel Baileys adds too much caramel with the syrup aswell and it tastes bitter, so we've just used the Baileys in the last few, which is more like the taste.

If you can find out how to make it stiff like it was I would appreciate knowing please? Never thought to ask him this, and we never saw it being made either which would have helped!

but the difficulty has been getting it to be as stiff as it was on the ship, We can't seem to manage that yet, even using whipping cream. If you can find out how to make it stiff like it was I would appreciate knowing please? !

Ooohh errr Missus!

Just came across this thread... it brings back happy memories from our cruise on Oriana 2.5 years ago. I had this amazing cocktail for the 1st time on the cruise & loved it. On the last night we had drinks with our table mates & some of the others tried it on my (very high) recommendation...

However, they weren't that impressed, as someone says here, it's more of a dessert than a drink. Sadly that meant that --- I had to finish them all off :D:D Shame...

Thank you to Judyfevver, I think I'll be buying those ingredients quite soon :)

Yummy

• 3 weeks later...

I tried it over the holidays using the recipe kindly given here by Judyfevver, thank you! It was fab :)

I started by whipping the cream in a bowl until the whisk left a trail in the cream, then I added everything else. I don't have a cocktail shaker, so I gave it a very brief whisk to mix it up & break up the raspberries a little. I chilled the glasses with some ice cubes while I made the cocktail. Then I tipped them out before pouring in the drink. It was certainly as thick as on board Oriana & I think it tasted very similar, though it was a while ago now!

I'll just have to try another on our next cruise :D