Is the Dream back yet?

Mandygal

We are sailing today on the shortened Dream cruise and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the ship is back in port yet? We rerouted to Orlando on Friday when we got news of the delay and are now trying to figure out what time to go to the port.

The e-mail we received said that boarding is from 1:30-3:30 and that sailing would be at 4:00. I've been trying to figure out if that is the true new boarding time or if they are just trying to stagger people like in the e-mail they typically send pre-cruise telling people their boarding time is later for crowd control.

I did see that the boarding time for the Ecstasy is at 11:00 at a different terminal. Perhaps they are trying to stagger boarding times for staffing purposes since they have an extra ship in port today?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

We are sailing today on the shortened Dream cruise and I'm wondering if anyone knows if the ship is back in port yet? We rerouted to Orlando on Friday when we got news of the delay and are now trying to figure out what time to go to the port.

The e-mail we received said that boarding is from 1:30-3:30 and that sailing would be at 4:00. I've been trying to figure out if that is the true new boarding time or if they are just trying to stagger people like in the e-mail they typically send pre-cruise telling people their boarding time is later for crowd control.

I did see that the boarding time for the Ecstasy is at 11:00 at a different terminal. Perhaps they are trying to stagger boarding times for staffing purposes since they have an extra ship in port today?

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Yes she is back.. Are you getting any compenwation for a shorter cruise?

We are getting one day of cruise fare and the port fees for Roatan refunded within two weeks. I don't think the refund will be much because our fare before taxes was only $1049 for 3 of us!

I just hope people on the cruise are patient and not all super upset with Carnival, even though it wasn't their fault. After watching the local news last night and seeing pictures of broken glass, etc. on the Disney ship that sailed through Sandy so they could get back yesterday, I'm okay with a shorter cruise!

We are getting one day of cruise fare and the port fees for Roatan refunded within two weeks. I don't think the refund will be much because our fare before taxes was only $1049 for 3 of us!

I just hope people on the cruise are patient and not all super upset with Carnival, even though it wasn't their fault. After watching the local news last night and seeing pictures of broken glass, etc. on the Disney ship that sailed through Sandy so they could get back yesterday, I'm okay with a shorter cruise!

Should be about 150 refund give or take

Since once you are in the terminal the ship can't leave without you I'd hold off boarding as long as possible...the only thing you will miss is lunch and hauling your stuff around as they scurry to get rooms ready that may have taken a personal hit from some sea-sick passengers.

There are 4 the FOS the Disney dream the carnival dream and the carnival ecstasy is here somewhere.

Carnival Ecstasy is down at its old Terminal 3 location.

Not sure why, since the spot used for Carnival Sensation is empty due to that ship being delayed a day.

:confused:

Sounds like it will be a long day for the poor people trying to get off the Dream. We decided to go to IHOP to have breakfast and waste some time.

They have 36 zones to get off the ship. On and up to 11 now. I am getting off the ship. :-D

Archived