Christmas/Holiday cruise with Carnival?

courtclay

Has anyone been on cruise with Carnival during Christmas week? We are sailing out on Dec 22 for a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas. I was just wondering if there would be Christmas shows or if everything was still generic as I reallize not everyone celebrates Christmas but sees it as just "holiday".

The kids in Camp Carnival put on a Christmas show and Santa shows up for them as well. Christmas Dinner was a traditional Tom Turkey with stuffing. Decorations and Christmas music throughout the ship. Oh and on my 2009 Christmas cruise there was FREE champagne upon embarkation and they kept offering us more but this was a 7 day and I'm not sure if they still do that. I wish I could cruise this christmas, I think Christmas is the perfect time to cruise.

The kids in Camp Carnival put on a Christmas show and Santa shows up for them as well. Christmas Dinner was a traditional Tom Turkey with stuffing. Decorations and Christmas music throughout the ship. Oh and on my 2009 Christmas cruise there was FREE champagne upon embarkation and they kept offering us more but this was a 7 day and I'm not sure if they still do that. I wish I could cruise this christmas, I think Christmas is the perfect time to cruise.

That's good to know. Our kids are 9 and 11. They "know about Santa" but that will still be fun for them if they do this on the Fascination. I love Christmas decorations and was hoping to see the ships doozied up with some decor!

We sailed on the Fascination in early December and the ship was decorated for the "season". They did have the "Christmas" show with kids participation from Camp Carnival.

The ONLY thing that I didn't like was that Carnival did EVERYTHING in their power to avoid using the word "Christmas" during the entire sailing. For example, the show was described in the Fun Times as a "holiday show with songs from the season and an appearance from a special character" (referring to Santa). Really Carnival???!!

I would've been more understanding of the fact that not everybody celebrates Christmas and that some people get "offended" at the sight of anything even remotely associated with religion, BUT they also had a menorah in the atrium area and they called it (along with the associated ceremonies) by it's proper name, not something like "we will be lighting a special chandelier to conmemorate the season in the atrium". :rolleyes:

We'll be on the same cruise ship. We will be traveling from NC.

Cool, I'm looking to meet others who will be on the cruise with us. We're coming from Virginia Beach, VA. Hubby and I are orginally from NC. It's our kids' first cruise (son 17, daughters 15 & 11), my hubby's first cruise also that's not work related (he's AD Navy) and my second.

We have done the last 3 Christmas cruises, LOVED IT!!! Wish we were again this year but just bought a new house so something had to give :(

Free Champagne on embarkation kicks off a fun time, I think everyone seems to be in a better up beat Christmassie mood.

Christmas show including Camp Carnival and Christmas Carols in the atrium and also a proper Christmas dinner (not sure about the giblet gravy though).

Don't be shy about decorating you cabling door :)

Have a fun time!

Has anyone been on cruise with Carnival during Christmas week? We are sailing out on Dec 22 for a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas. I was just wondering if there would be Christmas shows or if everything was still generic as I reallize not everyone celebrates Christmas but sees it as just "holiday".

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/holiday_religious_services.htm

Christmas: 12/25

With a festive on-board atmosphere, elaborate decorations and an array of traditional cuisine, entertainment and activities, Carnival’s “Fun Ship” holiday cruises are the ideal option for reconnecting with friends, families and loved ones. A festive mood is created as soon as guests arrive on board, with the ships’ atrium and promenade areas lavishly decorated in the spirit of the season and featuring signage with traditional holiday greetings.

Seasonal music is available in the staterooms.

A highlight of these cruises is an elaborate revue in each ships’ main show lounge evoking a “home away from home” atmosphere with cozy sets featuring faux oversized fireplaces, large comfortable sofas, Christmas trees with decorations created by the kids from the “Camp Carnival” program, and, of course, a visit from Santa.

Caroling is also popular with guests and crew strolling throughout the ship singing classic and contemporary holiday songs.

Popular holiday-themed movies such as “The Polar Express” are shown on the in-stateroom televisions.

Holiday menus include the traditional oven roasted turkey with all the trimmings and freshly baked pecan pie, among many other selections.

· If a clergyman of any faith wishes to perform a service, it is on a "volunteer basis" only – see Clergy Program below.

For those ships docked in port on Christmas Day, the Information Desk can provide guests with a list of local churches that are conducting services that the guests may attend.

By mid-December, the ship's public areas are adorned with oversized Christmas trees, wreaths, lights, mistletoe and other traditional touches.

We have done the last 3 Christmas cruises, LOVED IT!!! Wish we were again this year but just bought a new house so something had to give :(

Free Champagne on embarkation kicks off a fun time, I think everyone seems to be in a better up beat Christmassie mood.

Christmas show including Camp Carnival and Christmas Carols in the atrium and also a proper Christmas dinner (not sure about the giblet gravy though).

Don't be shy about decorating you cabling door :)

Have a fun time!

I'm cruising the first two weeks in DEC .. Do you know will the ships be decorated then?

I'm cruising the first two weeks in DEC .. Do you know will the ships be decorated then?

Ships Decorated for the 2012 Holiday Season

Breeze – 12/02/12

Fantasy – 12/06/12

Legend – 12/09/12

Sensation – 11/18/12

Conquest – 11/18/12

Fascination – 12/08/12

Liberty – 11/24/12

Splendor – 12/02/12

Destiny – 11/26/12

Freedom – 12/01/12

Magic – 12/08/12

Spirit – 12/06/12

Dream – 11/17/12

Glory – 11/25/12

Miracle – 12/11/12

Triumph – 12/09/12

Ecstasy – 11/19/12

Imagination – 12/03/12

Paradise – 12/10/12

Valor – 11/25/12

Elation – 11/17/12

Inspiration – 12/03/12

Pride – 12/12/12

Victory – 12/02/12

Ships Decorated for the 2012 Holiday Season

Breeze – 12/02/12

Fantasy – 12/06/12

Legend – 12/09/12

Sensation – 11/18/12

Conquest – 11/18/12

Fascination – 12/08/12

Liberty – 11/24/12

Splendor – 12/02/12

Destiny – 11/26/12

Freedom – 12/01/12

Magic – 12/08/12

Spirit – 12/06/12

Dream – 11/17/12

Glory – 11/25/12

Miracle – 12/11/12

Triumph – 12/09/12

Ecstasy – 11/19/12

Imagination – 12/03/12

Paradise – 12/10/12

Valor – 11/25/12

Elation – 11/17/12

Inspiration – 12/03/12

Pride – 12/12/12

Victory – 12/02/12

Thank You .. Looks like I'll see 2 ships decorated for x-mas ..

Cool, I'm looking to meet others who will be on the cruise with us. We're coming from Virginia Beach, VA. Hubby and I are orginally from NC. It's our kids' first cruise (son 17, daughters 15 & 11), my hubby's first cruise also that's not work related (he's AD Navy) and my second.

We're coming in from Raleigh, NC. We had some friends with 5 kids (18,15,12,7, and 5) who had already booked the cruise. We were just messing around talking about her cruise and she said, "You should go!!!" I checked it out and the timing and price was right, so we joined in. We had to cancel our cruise that was scheduled in Feb and my kids were so dissappointed. So, when we proposed this Christmas option, they were jumping for joy! They are a little hesitant about Camp Carnival though. I know once we get on the ship they'll change their minds. The way CC has their groups of kids 2-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, and 15-17 we aren't sure how strict they are about the kids activities together. because each of my friends' kids fall in a different category. Mine are together. We are hoping they will let the 18 yr old go with the 15-17 year olds since she's still in highschool. Some posts I've read say they are very strict with their age grouping...others say they are flexable. But it seemed all the flexable posts were saying they'd allow barely older kids to stay with younger kids and not the ones who were almost the next age up to go up with older kids. But, at least both of my kids are able to sign themselves in and out of CC if they choose to.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the beautiful decorations. I need to go get some ideas to decorate out cabin door! OOOOHhhhh, I'm getting excited!!!!!:D

We have been on 6 CCL holiday/Christmas/Hanukah cruises, with #7 coming up this December. There is Christmas music playing throughout the ship - especially in the dining rooms, holiday decorations, free champagne Christmas Eve, a holiday show put on by Camp Carnival, "special" meal in the dining room, visit from Santa (some ships have "snow" falling in the atrium) who sits for pictures and gives out candy canes. It is a lovely time to cruise. Very family-oriented, with many extended families onboard. As for kids, we have usually had around 1,000 kids on each holiday cruise - as announced by the CD.:)

Will the decorations still be up beyond New Year? We sail January 1st on the Miracle. I'm hoping to see some of these decorations!!!

Hey! Ok, so I've only been on RCCL, but...we did a NYE cruise a couple years back and everything was definitely still decorated! Big trees, tinsel, holly, stockings!

I think it depends on how far out from New Year your cruise is, but our ship was definitely decorated.

We are doing our first Christmas cruise this year (and our first B2B...all in one) and I am so excited. My DD is 13 and I have already told her I want one last pic of her with Santa. She refused last year but has agreed for this year...she is hoping for a Caribbean Christmas backdrop with Santa.

We are doing our first Christmas cruise this year (and our first B2B...all in one) and I am so excited. My DD is 13 and I have already told her I want one last pic of her with Santa. She refused last year but has agreed for this year...she is hoping for a Caribbean Christmas backdrop with Santa.

I think that was one of the photo options on Christmas Eve (could have been Christmas night).

I'm on the Victory out of San Juan on 12/23. The 25th is our only day at sea. I assume that will also be formal night? Do they have traditional Christmas food options on holidays or should I expect the normal formal night selections?

There will be turkey as an option on Christmas night.

We were on our first Christmas cruise this past December (on the Legend). It was absolutely wonderful! The ship was decorated, there was a very festive feeling everywhere, and a Menorah ceremony was held every evening (please forgive me if I have stated that wrong). We had Christmas Eve dinner at the steakhouse, a quiet walk around deck that night, soooo very peaceful and restful. Christmas Day was a sea-day and that night there was a gathering in the atrium, everyone sang carols and holiday songs, and snow started coming down from several decks up on the atrium. It was just beautiful!

If I could just win the lottery, I could do it again this year!!!

So to all who are considering a Christmas cruise - GO FOR IT.

Archived