Celebrity Silhouette TA April 2013

JonAlone

CHECK THIS OUT.. from another Celebrity forum...Has anyone heard this???

Dear :

We look forward to welcoming you on Celebrity Eclipse® on her Caribbean voyage. We want to let you know that, due to the extraordinary popularity of this sailing with our Elite members, during the Captain's Club Lounge social hour we'll be offering you the choice to enjoy your evening cocktails at various bars and lounges throughout the ship. This will allow us to continue to provide you with the highest quality service while allowing you the opportunity to experience each venue's unique ambiance.

On your upcoming Caribbean cruise, you'll receive three (3) Elite Beverage Vouchers for each evening. The days and hours of your Captain's Club Lounge remain the same, so you'll be sure to find fellow Elites out enjoying their social hour in the various venues. And, your menu choices for your Elite social hour remain the same, as well.

In the past, when we've had more Elite members than can comfortably occupy Michael's Club, we've moved the Captain's Club Lounge to the Sky Lounge. On rare occasions when even the Sky Lounge cannot accommodate all our Elite Members, we've implemented the voucher system for our members to enjoy the Captain's Club Lounge in various venues. In order to continue to provide you with the highest level of service, we would appreciate your feedback at CaptainsClub@celebrity.com.

We look forward to making your cruise an enjoyable one and hope you enjoy exploring the exciting venues we have on board Celebrity Eclipse.

Meant Alastair & Brian (don't know where I got Ian).

Of course you meant Alastair! Looking forward to our reunion, Desert Boys!

As Jonathan says, my partner (Brian) and I will be joining you on this crossing, on what will be our fourth TA with Celebrity. We met Jonathan last year on Solstice and the Desert Boys on Equinox in 2010 (?)

Alastair

CHECK THIS OUT.. from another Celebrity forum...Has anyone heard this???

On your upcoming Caribbean cruise, you'll receive three (3) Elite Beverage Vouchers for each evening. The days and hours of your Captain's Club Lounge remain the same, so you'll be sure to find fellow Elites out enjoying their social hour in the various venues. And, your menu choices for your Elite social hour remain the same, as well.

In the past, when we've had more Elite members than can comfortably occupy Michael's Club, we've moved the Captain's Club Lounge to the Sky Lounge. On rare occasions when even the Sky Lounge cannot accommodate all our Elite Members, we've implemented the voucher system for our members to enjoy the Captain's Club Lounge in various venues. In order to continue to provide you with the highest level of service.

This was discussed in the main forum when thinking of drinks packages etc. The vouchers can only be used at certain times in a few of the bars and I understand they are dated too....

I have never been to Happy Hour, as it is a good time to swim some laps or use the gym.. so likely still buy a drinks package IF Celebrity do something about the price for those not on the Go123 package.

On my crossing last April, they had a private gathering in Skyview from

5-7 every day with open bar and lots of passed hors d' oeuvres

I can't believe they are scrapping such a nice thing.

Funny thing is most didn't drink more than 1 or 2

I wonder if they are eliminating the special breakfasts in Tuscan with Champs or mimosas and special coffees complimentary too

Welcome Alastair and Brian! Love your screen name.

Are you guys bringing a kilt set onboard? My husband is of Scottish descent and I just got a nice Black Stewart kilt but due to space I don't think I'll bring it. Where in Scotland do you live? We have hiked the West Highland Way and last summer we hiked the Great Glen Way (from Fort William to Inverness direction) which was a great way to get rid of some of the massive calories we packed in while staying at the Corriegour Lodge (on the shores of Loch Lochy). We love Scotland and of course our Scotch whisky.

Looking forward to meeting you all onboard.

Julian

Of course you meant Alastair! Looking forward to our reunion, Desert Boys!

As Jonathan says, my partner (Brian) and I will be joining you on this crossing, on what will be our fourth TA with Celebrity. We met Jonathan last year on Solstice and the Desert Boys on Equinox in 2010 (?)

Alastair

Welcome Alastair and Brian! Love your screen name.

Are you guys bringing a kilt set onboard? My husband is of Scottish descent and I just got a nice Black Stewart kilt but due to space I don't think I'll bring it. Where in Scotland do you live? We have hiked the West Highland Way and last summer we hiked the Great Glen Way (from Fort William to Inverness direction) which was a great way to get rid of some of the massive calories we packed in while staying at the Corriegour Lodge (on the shores of Loch Lochy). We love Scotland and of course our Scotch whisky.

Looking forward to meeting you all onboard.

Julian

Julian... I can answer that!! :D I am sure they will bring kilts for formal nights... They look amazing in them!! (you will see the imprints on the ice bar!!) :eek:

Wonderful! I shall be checking for compliance with kilt wearing code

Julian... I can answer that!! :D I am sure they will bring kilts for formal nights... They look amazing in them!! (you will see the imprints on the ice bar!!) :eek:

Good morning all. JonAlone, I am expecting a game or two . Now that you're making your own playing boads, you must be pretty good. I am fair, but do like to play.

Howard in what looks like another picture postcard day in Fort lauderdale

• 6 months later...

Hi Jon, are you doing a fall crossing this year? I'm on the Connie again, and me and a friend are planning going on the Connie in the spring. I did like the "Sillie", but too big.

Regardless, I know that someday our paths will cross again, have a wonderful spring cruise. Is your friend coming along? Sorry, can't remember his name. Of course, if I just went back a bit in this thread....etc.

Howard in beautiful and wonderful Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Jon, are you doing a fall crossing this year? I'm on the Connie again, and me and a friend are planning going on the Connie in the spring. I did like the "Sillie", but too big.

Regardless, I know that someday our paths will cross again, have a wonderful spring cruise. Is your friend coming along? Sorry, can't remember his name. Of course, if I just went back a bit in this thread....etc.

Howard in beautiful and wonderful Fort Lauderdale.

Hi Howard, good to hear from you!

We have just booked Silhouette again on April 20th ... CT is coming again and a lot of the guys from last year have booked too... It is a nice route with some new ports in Europe.

I love the Silhouette, it certainly doesnt feel big compared to Royal Caribbean ships... and the facilities are amazing. Shame you arent joining us this year..

Have a great trip on Connie.. I hope all is well with you

J

I'm certainly hoping to do another TA next spring. Not sure which one yet, it will probably depend on which one has the best deal for singles. Chuck and Michael and some of the ladies we met on board are also keen.

Howard, if you are still following this thread, I'll be in FL on 12/20 (prior to sailing out of Miami on 12/20 on Azamara Quest). Any tips on the best place to see the Xmas boat parade?

Nick, well how are you? Nice to hear from you. Speaking of special single rates, the Sillhouette fall crossing just had "Single" fares of 799.00 Balcony plus tax. NO SURCHARGE. I'm surprised to find this fare so soon. Usually they don't drop the surcharge until a couple of weeks prior. They must be empty.

Re, Winter Boat Parade. It is "winterfestparade.com". It is run by Seminole Hard Rock Hotel, They have a full website and list seating . Your better bet would be to find someone that has an apartment or house on The Intracoastal Waterway, and join a private party. I suggest you check out the web for defferent possible scenarios. Good luck.

I'm probably now going to cross in the spring but not going to book anything until I find the best deal. I know I said that before, but my friend wanted to go and I felt I Had no choice but to go with him on this.

Howard

Hey Howard, thanks for the information. I'll check that website.

Unfortunately, we don't get the same deals as you. Silhouette on 12/1 is currently £885 ($1425) for singles (over 55) booked in the UK. Reflection leaving on 11/1 is only £619 though. I was also tempted by QM2 for £750 including the flight. However, I don't really have much time right now. I've got a wedding this weekend, and a hospital appt on 11/11, and the Xmas cruise will soon come around.

BTW, have you seen that you will have direct flights from Fort Lauderdale to Heathrow from next July? Norwegian will be flying new 787s on Mondays and Fridays, with one way fares starting at USD289. http://www.norwegian.com/us/

I hope you are keeping well. I do hope we find ourselves on the same cruise again sometime soon, I really enjoyed your company.

Regards,

Nick

Archived