Celebrity Silhouette TA April 2013

JonAlone

Oh you had me so curious then I finished reading the post. lol.

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the words of encouragement and you can definitely count me in for any gay table gatherings (and I am a whiz at trivia also). I am so looking forward to not having my cell phone ring every 12 seconds and just relaxing by the pool with a good stiff one (a cocktail so get your mind out of the gutter lol.)

Cheers,

Rob

Aloha All,

Booked this cruise based on the input from this forum (thank you), plus I couldn’t beat the price. This will be my first solo cruise and only my second straight cruise; as you can see I have done a lot of Atlantis and RSVP cruises before. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a relaxing and fun time. Now I just need to figure the ins and outs of meeting up, dining, and social activities. It looks like most everyone will be meeting at the martini bar at 7:00PM on embarkation day and hopefully I will be able to join others from the group for dinner.

I chose select for my dining preference, I don’t know if that makes a difference or not but I thought it would provide the most flexibility, hope I don’t screw that up. Any tips from the seasoned TA cruises would be welcome.

Won’t be long,

I think you will enjoy the cruise. It's not all gay which I think is good. I like diversity. I noticed this will be your 1st Solstice class Celebrity cruise.

You will have your socks knocked off. These ships are just stunning!

By my recollection there are usually about 40 FOD on most crossings. Last year there were allot of Aussies. It does seem that there will be some "regulars" for the crossing, which statistically seems anomalous to me, but many of us have cruised the pond previously and clearly we are spoiled by Celebrity.

I suspect some of us also just enjoy being at sea, I know, I love the sea days.

I'd say this group is a nice bunch, real gentlemen.

Good morning all. Well, you really can't tell it's morning yet because it's so dark still. I know it's morning because my clock says so. Also, and this is a first, because I got a full nights rest. We insomniacs relish a good nights sleep. I probably won't sleep now for at least a month. lol

Another newbie for our cruise. Gee, this thread is finally coming alive:eek:. Welcome aboard Alohachuck. Please try not to be nervous, we old timers will take you under our wings, offer you a nice stiff one;) and take care of you in any way we can. There is that better?

I had tried to get some of you to be involved with Trivia, but I didn't seem to get a great response, hence my checking for a team on the main board, but I would truly like a gay team. Just another way we fit in with the mainstream.

I suggest that our newbies check out the main thread though, as they are indeed offering many different activities that you might be interested in doing.

Wishing everyone a brillant week ahead.

Howard in starting to lighten up Fort Lauderdale

I had tried to get some of you to be involved with Trivia, but I didn't seem to get a great response, hence my checking for a team on the main board, but I would truly like a gay team.

Hey Howard, just checked back through this thread, and at the risk of creating one of those dreaded lists, 5 people have expressed an interest in Trivia - You, Julian, me, Greg & Stephen. How many to a team? Sure we can pick up another one or more at the first cocktail night.

I just hope that if we have a gay trivia team, someone knows something about sport, cause I sure as heck don't! But if there are any questions about Broadway musicals, we should clean up!

Hi Chuck,

E komo mai.

I lived in Honolulu for a couple of years, up in St. Louis Heights and still have some good friends there some of whom are active duty. I wonder if we have friends in common. Are you in town?

Since you love sea days, you will love the TA. The long days at sea reset me and restore my balance and well being. The wind, the waves, they wash away my stress and give me renewed perspective.

Socially, I enjoy having a large contingent of gays among our shipmates. It's like having a club within a club without having it be mandatory to be FABULOUS all the time. On our crossing on the Solstice, we had enough LGBT passengers (the majority of whom were Elite) for the cruise staff to really notice and give us great service. I even talked the cruise director to letting us have our own LGBT "Newlywed Game" which was ribald and hilarious.

You're going to have lots of activity partners, don't worry. And the dining stuff sorts itself out, it just takes a little visit to the maitre d'. We've been talking about a gay Lawn Cruise meal which would be fun, but knowing some of the straight cruisers who will also be onboard, I can vouch they are totally accepting and will probably want to join us because they love being around quality and sane people who are fun and aging oh so well.

See you onboard.

By the way you can go to cruise fellows dot com (all one word) and post your picture there under our cruise so we can recognize each other at the Sailaway party on the Sunset Bar (at the stern, right by the lawn).

Aloha All,

Booked this cruise based on the input from this forum (thank you), plus I couldn’t beat the price. This will be my first solo cruise and only my second straight cruise; as you can see I have done a lot of Atlantis and RSVP cruises before. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a relaxing and fun time. Now I just need to figure the ins and outs of meeting up, dining, and social activities. It looks like most everyone will be meeting at the martini bar at 7:00PM on embarkation day and hopefully I will be able to join others from the group for dinner.

I chose select for my dining preference, I don’t know if that makes a difference or not but I thought it would provide the most flexibility, hope I don’t screw that up. Any tips from the seasoned TA cruises would be welcome.

Won’t be long,

RobE1 - If you did live in E1 ... I live in E1W 2JD and my business is in E1 7DB so couldn't have been far from either place!

TRIVIA - I am sure CT and I would love to join a quiz night!! and our 2 friends from Scotland and Germany may be able to be convinced to join up too!

Seems to be a thread I missed...

Cruising Gourmet has a vast knowledge that will fill gaps too!

Hi Julian, I live in Ko Olina over on the west side next to Kapolei. Have been here full time for over 7 years but had the place for 2 years before that while I was working in San Diego. It will be interesting to compare notes on mutual friends; always interested in making new ones.

I'll try posting my picture and see how that goes. See you at the sailaway party.

Good morning all. Well, you really can't tell it's morning yet because it's so dark still. I know it's morning because my clock says so. Also, and this is a first, because I got a full nights rest. We insomniacs relish a good nights sleep. I probably won't sleep now for at least a month. lol

Another newbie for our cruise. Gee, this thread is finally coming alive:eek:. Welcome aboard Alohachuck. Please try not to be nervous, we old timers will take you under our wings, offer you a nice stiff one;) and take care of you in any way we can. There is that better?

I had tried to get some of you to be involved with Trivia, but I didn't seem to get a great response, hence my checking for a team on the main board, but I would truly like a gay team. Just another way we fit in with the mainstream.

I suggest that our newbies check out the main thread though, as they are indeed offering many different activities that you might be interested in doing.

Wishing everyone a brillant week ahead.

Howard in starting to lighten up Fort Lauderdale

Good morning (it is here) Howard,

I feel better already (not sure about the stiff one though:o) and thanks for the tip about he main thread; it will take me a long time to get through that one.

I have never played Trivia before so I'm sure you would not want me on your team. I could be a cheerleader if they have such a thing in the game. See you on board

Hi Julian, I live in Ko Olina over on the west side next to Kapolei. Have been here full time for over 7 years but had the place for 2 years before that while I was working in San Diego. It will be interesting to compare notes on mutual friends; always interested in making new ones.

I'll try posting my picture and see how that goes. See you at the sailaway party.

I had a great friend in London who was originally from New York. When he left London he was in San Diego and fell in love... they now live in Waikiki Beach renting and renovating condos for holiday lets.

Makes me wonder if you know Nick Gravina..... His partner ( I think very soon to be husband) was in the navy in San Diego.

Hey Chuck, I agree, you should be our Trivia cheer leader - you can swap your grass skirt for a rah rah skirt.

Nick, I don't know about the grass skirt:); haven't had one on yet and I don't think now is the time to start, but no problem with the rah rah shirt.

I had a great friend in London who was originally from New York. When he left London he was in San Diego and fell in love... they now live in Waikiki Beach renting and renovating condos for holiday lets.

Makes me wonder if you know Nick Gravina..... His partner ( I think very soon to be husband) was in the navy in San Diego.

Hey Jon, Can't say that I do but give it up for those navy boys. I don't get into Waikiki much and it is really hard to meet people on this side of the rock.

Hey Jon, Can't say that I do but give it up for those navy boys. I don't get into Waikiki much and it is really hard to meet people on this side of the rock.

Shame, he is a great guy... I met him one of my first days on the gay scene here, coming out at the age of 31 ! He is a little younger and had been on the scene in SF and NY for many years.. He encouraged me into loads of things and kept me away from many others at a time when we had no idea about a lot of things. I owe him a lot.. He also designed my home as a housewarming present some 22 years ago, and I have redecorated in exactly the same colours and finish ever since.

He was a typical loud American New Yorker back then, with the usual NY accent and amazing laugh.. Italian heritage and a massive personality with an amazing body to go with it.

I have even held on to a bottle of his favourite wine we never got to open, for about 15 years now, waiting for his next visit to London, which will hopefully be this year. I would imagine it has turned to vinegar now, but it will still be good to open it when he gets to London on his honeymoon.

Shame, he is a great guy... I met him one of my first days on the gay scene here, coming out at the age of 31 ! He is a little younger and had been on the scene in SF and NY for many years.. He encouraged me into loads of things and kept me away from many others at a time when we had no idea about a lot of things. I owe him a lot.. He also designed my home as a housewarming present some 22 years ago, and I have redecorated in exactly the same colours and finish ever since.

He was a typical loud American New Yorker back then, with the usual NY accent and amazing laugh.. Italian heritage and a massive personality with an amazing body to go with it.

I have even held on to a bottle of his favourite wine we never got to open, for about 15 years now, waiting for his next visit to London, which will hopefully be this year. I would imagine it has turned to vinegar now, but it will still be good to open it when he gets to London on his honeymoon.

Wow, I love hearing stories like that, makes my heart warm. Thanks for sharing.

Ian here from Toronto. I see some familiar faces from last year (Jon!)... looking forward to meeting you all. Booked recently and got an amazing deal~ Balcony Guarentee.. ended up in a Category B1... Very Happy! 8:30 Dining. My buddy Keith is on board as well~ it's going to be fun fun fun!

Hi. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome - and encouragement! :) I just confirmed my booking! Great deals on right now and I am really looking forward to the trip. Despite my current transatlantic "virgin" status, your comments really helped to settle my hesitation about going solo.

I look forward to meeting many of you!

Thanks again,

Michael

Just wanted to say Hi...I am in Toronto as well...another friend has also booked on this cruise...we are both travelling single as well...looking forward to making some friends on board....what flight are you taking back to Toronto

Welcome Ian! Glad to have more Canadians onboard (my hometown is Vancouver and I live in San Francisco now = and yes, I have dual citizenship).

It will be fun fun fun. Frankly, I am looking forward to some warm sun sun sun.

Ian here from Toronto. I see some familiar faces from last year (Jon!)... looking forward to meeting you all. Booked recently and got an amazing deal~ Balcony Guarentee.. ended up in a Category B1... Very Happy! 8:30 Dining. My buddy Keith is on board as well~ it's going to be fun fun fun!

It's funny, you would think that we could post photos here, since that is what the site is about, however, here is the link for our fellow cruisers pics.

cruise fellows dot com/2013-04-14_-_Celebrity_-_Silhouette/index.cgi

Apparently they cut web links so just copy and paste with a small adjustment

Good morning (it is here) Howard,

I feel better already (not sure about the stiff one though:o) and thanks for the tip about he main thread; it will take me a long time to get through that one.

I have never played Trivia before so I'm sure you would not want me on your team. I could be a cheerleader if they have such a thing in the game. See you on board

Hello AlohaChuck...boy there are a lot of us insomniacs on this cruise....probably see everyone at three in the morning walking around....definitely not for breakfast...my best sleep is between 6 am and 10am....lol....This is my second TA cruise....LAst year was my very first cruise....went by myself but had on the same ship....

who is in FLL the night (Saturday) before the cruise?

Hey TravelingOx...I am in FLL for three nights before the cruise....can't decide what time to go to the ship.....where are you staying in FLL...I am at the Grand Palm Resort....a Gay hotel...about ten to fifteen minutes from the port

Archived