Celebrity Silhouette TA April 2013

JonAlone

Hello Jon...so another Transatlantic....I am on this years as well...and I also booked Aqua Class...the prices really were good for a single person. I was on the same cruise last year that you were on. Are you getting the beverage package again this year....

I have no doubt I will do a classic drinks package, but will wait for the special a few weeks before sailing as they sometimes offer 10 or 15% discount. I have a cabin spend voucher for $300 so would like to use that as part of it if I can..

Are you Keith or Ralph... You say you are travelling solo? the CC name doesn't ring a bell....

If you are arriving a few days in advance you could take advantage of some of the society events around here.

http://www.gaypolo.com/the-event/

Here are some pics ,from our Mar-a-Lago holiday party from the Palm Beach Post Social pages.

http://shinyshots.palmbeachdailynews.com/mycapture/enlargePopup.asp?image=45266023&event=1584195&CategoryID=48024&pSlideshow=1&picnum=6&move=B#Image

I'm in pic 3 and Jon is in pic 4 with Lady Coates from England

Cheers George

Thanks for the pics.. Must admit I have never heard of Lady Carlyon Coates.. I understand she is a real-estate agent in Florida ??

John looks like he will be fun... and judging my the pic, I can see he is used to hanging round with the old folks... lol... I wonder if I can squeeze JZ in my suitcase??

I will set up a page on Cruise Fellows dot com for this sailing.. ... so we can post pics..

much easier for finding each other in time for a sailaway drink on deck..

Not been able to load anything on that site.. not sure if temporary glitch or out of business....??

There is now a cruise fellows dot com website page for this sailing

If you want to add your pic and profile name, we can recognise eachother on-board

THis website will not allow the detailed shortcut to be added here..

so just go to the website and search this sailing on 14th April 2013 and upload a pic...

it worked for me (tho a bit slow)

I posted my pic there

There is now a cruise fellows dot com website page for this sailing

If you want to add your pic and profile name, we can recognise eachother on-board

THis website will not allow the detailed shortcut to be added here..

so just go to the website and search this sailing on 14th April 2013 and upload a pic...

perfect advice. Thank you! I'll bring my moisturizer to make sure my newly buffed skin gets nourished right away. Looking forward to awesome views!

We went to Maho Beach early, I think we were there about 10:30ish. It gets really busy later on. The cab fare was $6 pp, we stayed there a couple of hours, got some awesome pictures, but no biggies, largest was a 737. Awesome to watch and fun to watch the spectators who don't or can't read the signs that warn you about the jetblast on take off. Everyone gets e free exfoliation as the sand is whipped up, hilarious!!!! We then took a cab to Orient Beach from there, that was $13 pp. The views there are awesome (if you know what I mean!!!)

I have no doubt I will do a classic drinks package, but will wait for the special a few weeks before sailing as they sometimes offer 10 or 15% discount. I have a cabin spend voucher for $300 so would like to use that as part of it if I can..

Are you Keith or Ralph... You say you are travelling solo? the CC name doesn't ring a bell....

I am Keith..from Toronto...I am traveling by myself..(ralph just happens to be my cat...lol) I was solo last year but ran into some friends....

Welcome Keith and Ralph.

Travelinggourmet, we traveled together on one of the crossings. I want to say it was on the one with JonAlone, but they do seem to run together after awhile. If I remember correctly that would have been the Equinox. I was traveling with my ex and his mum. We continued traveling together for a few years after our breakup, until his mum decided that the air portions were too distressing. Great pictures of you and John. Was that at Mar-a-lago?

Being in Elite, I find that also having the beverage package makes me an alcoholic. I just can't drink like I used to and If I try, well, then I don't seem to make appearences. I offer up again the chance to have a nice trivia team and also perhaps a gay dinner table. If not that, do let's plan on a couple of specialty dinners.

JonAlone, my technical prowess is so lacking, but will try to add a photo. But I do remember you disticntly so will have no trouble finding you. But, do let's all meet up at Martini Bar, say 730PM 1st night, ok?

Howard in beautiful Fort Lauderdale

Hi all yet once again. I have succeeded in uploading a photo on to that Cruise Fellows dot com. it is not my most recent, but very close. I no longer have the goatee or wear glasses (cataract surgery) But you won't have to study too many faces to recognize me. JonAlone, I was looking at the photos and thought, "oh my how Jon has changed" and then realized it wasn't your picture. :eek:

Looking forward to seeing all.

Howard again, still in Fort Lauderdale

Welcome Keith and Ralph.

Travelinggourmet, we traveled together on one of the crossings. I want to say it was on the one with JonAlone, but they do seem to run together after awhile. If I remember correctly that would have been the Equinox. I was traveling with my ex and his mum. We continued traveling together for a few years after our breakup, until his mum decided that the air portions were too distressing. Great pictures of you and John. Was that at Mar-a-lago?

Being in Elite, I find that also having the beverage package makes me an alcoholic. I just can't drink like I used to and If I try, well, then I don't seem to make appearences. I offer up again the chance to have a nice trivia team and also perhaps a gay dinner table. If not that, do let's plan on a couple of specialty dinners.

JonAlone, my technical prowess is so lacking, but will try to add a photo. But I do remember you disticntly so will have no trouble finding you. But, do let's all meet up at Martini Bar, say 730PM 1st night, ok?

Howard in beautiful Fort Lauderdale

Hello...actually this is my second cruise...I just happen to look like every other middle aged single gay man....lol..buzzed head...goatee...overweight

Hello...actually this is my second cruise...I just happen to look like every other middle aged single gay man....lol..buzzed head...goatee...overweight

No!! Thats just every other middle aged American !! (and lots of English gay men...me included...)

I will now try to grow a fringe in time for the trip

It seems that many of us have met before on previous X-Atlantic cruises.

There is no doubt we will all meet up, since 15 days is going to be a long while.

Last year on Eclipse there were no backgammon sets. I did bring my tournament set but it got little use. If we have a Backgammon contingient then I will bring it.

Jonalone won't be this time that is nice..too I wish you guys would arrive a few days ahead, we have some great things to do here pre cruise and a few days would let you guys get your jet lag adjusted also.

Jonalone won't be this time that is nice..too I wish you guys would arrive a few days ahead, we have some great things to do here pre cruise and a few days would let you guys get your jet lag adjusted also.

CT only arrives in London the night before we fly to FL.. his vacation time is limited due to work...but next time we come to FL will certainly try to get a couple of days pre cruise... Many thanks for the offer.

Have you decided what you are both doing after the cruise while you are in Europe?

CT only arrives in London the night before we fly to FL.. his vacation time is limited due to work...but next time we come to FL will certainly try to get a couple of days pre cruise... Many thanks for the offer.

Have you decided what you are both doing after the cruise while you are in Europe?

Civitavecchia disembark then Taking train to Termini (Rome) and have a B&B for 2 days then train to Venice for a 2 day visit then 1st Class flight back to MIA from Marco Polo Airport

PS I think you will have to change your Nickname on here to Jonnotalone :p

Hi everyone and as Cruisinggourmet says, Jonnotsoalonethistime. I too am stating Roma 2 extra nights. I have arranged taxi transfers with 6 other folk from the other board that will drop us off at Termini, but we won't have to deal with suitcases at pier. Probably not really worth it, but It's done. I have been to the "Eternal City" several times but want to try some more off the beaten path places. Perhaps the "Catacombs" and maybe "Borghesi" (sp)? palace and gardens. A museum or 2 and some nice home tratorria cooking.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend

Howard in deepest darkest Fort Lauderdale (not really awake yet)

Hey boys,

Sadly I'm not on this cruise. We did a very similar itinerary a few years back on Rhapsody of the Seas.

Best cruise we've ever done bar none.

Tahiti and especially Bora Bora are sublime - the most heavily place on earth. Loved it so much I've actually booked this cruise for next year for my 50th and I'm dragging along 8 others.

So why have I popped up here.

Well a good mate (stewart) of mine from work is taking his parents on this cruise. He is GORGEOUS! and real sweetie, you will love him. Everyone does. Tall, dark, handsome and single.

Anyways he may pop up on this board although he hasn't been on CC before so take him under your wing and show him the ropes.

Oh and by the please look after the ship - no wild parties ;)

Oh dear just realised this is a trans atlantic thread and not a trans pacific.

Sorry! I'm outa here.

Howard,

Have you been to the night market down by the river? Great deals there and unique stuff to be had at good prices.

Hi everyone and as Cruisinggourmet says, Jonnotsoalonethistime. I too am stating Roma 2 extra nights. I have arranged taxi transfers with 6 other folk from the other board that will drop us off at Termini, but we won't have to deal with suitcases at pier. Probably not really worth it, but It's done. I have been to the "Eternal City" several times but want to try some more off the beaten path places. Perhaps the "Catacombs" and maybe "Borghesi" (sp)? palace and gardens. A museum or 2 and some nice home tratorria cooking.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend

Howard in deepest darkest Fort Lauderdale (not really awake yet)

Quick history lesson..

When I joined CC it was 2006 I think... I was partnered with Matt and our CC name was Jon&Matt. When we broke after 5 years together, I continued CC and changed the name to JonAlone so those we had met previously would be able to find me again.. and hopefully singles on board would feel free to make contact for table mates, poolside drinks or tours.

Soon after Matt and I split, I was lucky to meet Ching Thut (CT) in a club. It was the begining of his 2nd year of a 2 year study/work visa to the UK. We had a great year together during what could have been a very bad time for me..

After a year his visa expired and he had to return to Kuala Lumpur. It was difficult for both of us, but now he comes to London at least once a year so we can spend some time together. We are close friends now.

This year due to family commitments, and the crazy cost of flights to KL, we couldnt spend the Xmas holidays together, so I suggested he come on this cruise instead. CT has never been on a holiday like this, and never been on a cruise before.. he is quite nervous but greatly looking forward to meeting everyone.

Hello JonAlone, please tell your friend there is no reason at all to be nervous. If he is traveling with you, he is instantly family and as such he will be welcomed with open arms. Just as we welcome all. After all, why go on a vacation like a cruise if one is just going to be off to onself. I guess some people that have a high pressure job would need some down time, but they would hardly take a 15 day ocean voyage, at least that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Julian, what night market are you referring to? Since I have developed insomnia, I usually go to sleep on the early side and wake up at an ungodly hour, such as now. I've been up for over an hour already. Does anyone else have this dreadful condition? I'm fearing being on the ship becuase what does one do at 3:30AM? I can only read so much. I guess that's why I post so much on this board. I am constantly awake.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Howard in brisk and cool Fort Lauderdale

Hello JonAlone, please tell your friend there is no reason at all to be nervous. If he is traveling with you, he is instantly family and as such he will be welcomed with open arms. Just as we welcome all. After all, why go on a vacation like a cruise if one is just going to be off to onself. I guess some people that have a high pressure job would need some down time, but they would hardly take a 15 day ocean voyage, at least that's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Many thanks... appreciated, .. I have already told him this will be a holiday of a lifetime... We are a bit blase over cruises, as us "regulars" do tend to forget that many save up for a lifetime to do a cruise, and we do several every year. Let's hope the cruise lines continue to treat us properly and they don't all go the way of Royal Caribbean and treat us like bus passengers.

looking forward to meeting CT. Tell him I was born in Kuching, although when I was born it was under a British passport since there was no Malaysia then. But then we moved to Singapore then Vancouver and I came to California for school and stayed here (with a brief stint in Hawaii). So I now I have dual CDN / USA citizenship. Wish I could get a British passport again like I had at birth.

I hope CT loves cruising. It's the best!

By the way Jon, I am laughing at all the references of straight women tipping you for a strip show on the other board. That leads me to ask whether you only take cash or credit cards too? ;-)

:p

Quick history lesson..

When I joined CC it was 2006 I think... I was partnered with Matt and our CC name was Jon&Matt. When we broke after 5 years together, I continued CC and changed the name to JonAlone so those we had met previously would be able to find me again.. and hopefully singles on board would feel free to make contact for table mates, poolside drinks or tours.

Soon after Matt and I split, I was lucky to meet Ching Thut (CT) in a club. It was the begining of his 2nd year of a 2 year study/work visa to the UK. We had a great year together during what could have been a very bad time for me..

After a year his visa expired and he had to return to Kuala Lumpur. It was difficult for both of us, but now he comes to London at least once a year so we can spend some time together. We are close friends now.

This year due to family commitments, and the crazy cost of flights to KL, we couldnt spend the Xmas holidays together, so I suggested he come on this cruise instead. CT has never been on a holiday like this, and never been on a cruise before.. he is quite nervous but greatly looking forward to meeting everyone.

Howard, when I have insomnia, well I enjoy it or take matters into hand (get some warm milk, watch TV = what were you thinking??) and that usually helps.

We were in Rome in July and staying near the Pantheon. The night market was down by the river. I found this TripAdvisor thread that indicates it may only be a summer thing. It was such a fun scene, little booths, places to eat, music, very safe and fun, and got some great deals on hand made stuff like leather goods and clothes.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k4868854-Any_one_knows_the_night_market_in_Rome_by_the_river-Rome_Lazio.html

Julian, what night market are you referring to? Since I have developed insomnia, I usually go to sleep on the early side and wake up at an ungodly hour, such as now. I've been up for over an hour already. Does anyone else have this dreadful condition? I'm fearing being on the ship becuase what does one do at 3:30AM? I can only read so much. I guess that's why I post so much on this board. I am constantly awake.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

When they asked who wanted to join the Ladies Night in Molecule Bar, I said some of us would if they had a male stripper booked, which is fairly usual for a Ladies Night in the UK..

There is no suggestion that it will be me stripping but I did say we would see if any of the show dancers would be up for a laugh... all depends on the Cruise Director I would guess... :p

Credit card are good because the coins can fall out too easily... but swiping the card can be painful and play havoc with the thong! (remind me to pack a jock just in case!)

Re Insomnia... Have you tried Cammomile Tea? sends me off to sleep in seconds.. as does an old, errrrr, movie I may have enjoyed previously.. I am sure you like that, dontcha?? !! ;) lol. Either that or hot milk with a slug of Cognac....

As a last resort if I can't sleep because my brain is racing, I turn on soft music or chat radio at the barest minimum volume so I am concentrating on listening to that rather than my own thoughts, and I soon drift off.

Ah I see we think the same about movies and hot milk or tea. I totally like the idea of packing a jock, more user friendly I have found.

I thought you were stripping. Shucks. Magic Mike of the Seas! I was going to suggest no coins since who can hold on to so many of them and they're certain to get lost.

When they asked who wanted to join the Ladies Night in Molecule Bar, I said some of us would if they had a male stripper booked, which is fairly usual for a Ladies Night in the UK..

There is no suggestion that it will be me stripping but I did say we would see if any of the show dancers would be up for a laugh... all depends on the Cruise Director I would guess... :p

Credit card are good because the coins can fall out too easily... but swiping the card can be painful and play havoc with the thong! (remind me to pack a jock just in case!)

Re Insomnia... Have you tried Cammomile Tea? sends me off to sleep in seconds.. as does an old, errrrr, movie I may have enjoyed previously.. I am sure you like that, dontcha?? !! ;) lol. Either that or hot milk with a slug of Cognac....

As a last resort if I can't sleep because my brain is racing, I turn on soft music or chat radio at the barest minimum volume so I am concentrating on listening to that rather than my own thoughts, and I soon drift off.

Archived