Pack-n-go stories

I have only done one pack n go.. though Id sure like to fit in more.

IS, last January.. they gave me a inside cabin on Lido deck.. pretty far forward.. but still it was lido deck.. very nice.

Triumph 5 day out of Galveston.. lowest price I ever booked out of Galveston. $169 pp, X 2, for solo cruise, plus taxes and fees, I think it came to $383 total.

Did one Dec 2010.

IS cabin with DW and DD. $550.00 total for a 4 day. Great trip.

We were given an inside across the back of the Elation on Empress deck.

Check out this weeks PNG rate for Conquest on 1/6/2013. GREAT RATE!!!;)

We have done this several times...

we found that the cabins we wanted were usually available...

ON one of them, phoned on a Tuesday, drove down on a Wednesday and boarded the ship on a Thursday .

The only downside to such short notice like above is getting your Stockholder Onboard Credit processed.....it usually does not make it and they just credit our credit card after we get home.

I believe it was in 2010, probably in Nov or Dec where I was able to grab a balcony for DH and myself at $279 pp not including fees on the Triumph out of New Orleans. Wish I could get that again. Oh, it was a 5 day.

The balcony was not on the side we usually get, but I didn't care. It was forward where I like to be.

Did one last December...found the PnG in late October, booked the next day on an IS, paid $239 pp on a 5-day. Ended up in a pretty good room on the Veranda Deck, 4G room. Was very happy. (even got lucky enough to not be directly under anything that was noisy).

Almost did the PnG for this December's cruise, booked it the day before the PnG for the cruise came out. Might have saved about $50 pp if I had, but then I probably wouldn't have gotten the room I did.

We have done this several times...

we found that the cabins we wanted were usually available...

ON one of them, phoned on a Tuesday, drove down on a Wednesday and boarded the ship on a Thursday .

The only downside to such short notice like above is getting your Stockholder Onboard Credit processed.....it usually does not make it and they just credit our credit card after we get home.

That is good to know. We are watching a December sailing this year for possibly doing the same. Our DD is booked with a friend and Renee really wants to go. Only thing it gets back Christmas Eve and with other family commitments..... We may still make it work???

Did one Dec 2010.

IS cabin with DW and DD. $550.00 total for a 4 day. Great trip.

We were given an inside across the back of the Elation on Empress deck.

Check out this weeks PNG rate for Conquest on 1/6/2013. GREAT RATE!!!;)

That date is not showing at goccl.com, and when I click on specials nothing. Where are you getting that date/rate from? Thanks!

That date is not showing at goccl.com, and when I click on specials nothing. Where are you getting that date/rate from? Thanks!

Probably from our PVP who sends them out on tuesdays, though I have not been getting them from her lately.

she gives us a days heads up.

Summer 2010, I picked up a pack and go rate six weeks before sailing. I paid for an Inside Guarentee ($539 pp) and they assigned me a Handicapped 4J cabin. Those are at the very front of the ship with a window looking out onto the secret deck. The cabin was an odd shape but very large. This was a 7 day on the Conquest out of Galveston

I'm still new at this, so I just get the pack-n-go rate and sail date, then call my PVP and book the cruise?

If its a super low rate.. I contact her on tuesday.. and at midnight she will lock it in for me until she can get with me.

There were only 1 or 2 cabins that time at $169.. and she says she spent hours clicking.. and someone else would release the cabin.. and she would get it.. but before she could finish the booking, someone else also had it tired up again.

She finally got it and said she felt like she won the jackpot.. though it was for me.

Really good rates go fast, dont last long.. so dont wait to book.

PS yes contact your PVP pronto if you are sure you want to go.

I got the best one:D:D:D

Our destiny cruise '10, was when they had propulsion problems. I saw it here on CC:rolleyes: that they were having an insane rate because so many people cancelled. My family of 5 got on for a grand total of $964.25 with taxes and all!!! I booked us on Thursday morning, packed all day, left Friday morning, drove all the way through to Miami for a Saturday sailing. WOW!!

But wait, you think that's great for a 5 day cruise??? Not done yet. The orginal ports were the Grand Cayman/Ochos Rios.. that got rerouted to Cozumel/Costa Maya. (that's why so many cancelled) So once onboard, like day 3, we found out we had a $50 OBC p/p!!! Yep $250 back. So, we "kinda" paid 714.25 for a 5 day cruise for 5 people!!:D

Oh, the IS we ended up with was a 4G, not to shabby.

I got the best one:D:D:D

Our destiny cruise '10, was when they had propulsion problems. I saw it here on CC:rolleyes: that they were having an insane rate because so many people cancelled. My family of 5 got on for a grand total of $964.25 with taxes and all!!! I booked us on Thursday morning, packed all day, left Friday morning, drove all the way through to Miami for a Saturday sailing. WOW!!

But wait, you think that's great for a 5 day cruise??? Not done yet. The orginal ports were the Grand Cayman/Ochos Rios.. that got rerouted to Cozumel/Costa Maya. (that's why so many cancelled) So once onboard, like day 3, we found out we had a $50 OBC p/p!!! Yep $250 back. So, we "kinda" paid 714.25 for a 5 day cruise for 5 people!!:D

Oh, the IS we ended up with was a 4G, not to shabby.

These last minute rates.. like this poster and LHP posted about are not pack n goes.. but true last minute rates and often not published. Thats why its important to have a PVP who will contact you with deals.

These last minute rates.. like this poster and LHP posted about are not pack n goes.. but true last minute rates and often not published. Thats why its important to have a PVP who will contact you with deals.

No ma'am. It was published. I never talked to a soul when I booked this. Just got online and booked it!

Okay friends, I have a question:

what is the difference between www.goccl.com and www.carnival.com when it comes to finding good rates?

I am just now looking at goccl and seeing what I can see... but tips and explanations are appreciated!

K

Okay friends, I have a question:

what is the difference between www.goccl.com and www.carnival.com when it comes to finding good rates?

I am just now looking at goccl and seeing what I can see... but tips and explanations are appreciated!

K

goccl is for TAs.. try getting in other than individual hacked links, you cant

It the resource for TAs

You will be able to book that rate tomorrow until Friday our when they sell out. Rate for Conquest on 1/6/13 will be $359 pp IS, or $439 pp OV. You cant stay home that cheap.:cool:

Just be aware, PNG rates are "Category Guarantee" rooms and are non-refundable.

Probably from our PVP who sends them out on tuesdays, though I have not been getting them from her lately.

she gives us a days heads up.

Yes Firefly, She sent them to me when I emailed her and ask for them. As stated, Im watching for the 12/20 4 day on Elation this December.

Archived