Glacier boat tour advice

meemo

Which glacier boat tour do people recommend and why? The Kenai Fjord tour(s) out of Seward or the Prince William Sound tour out of Whittier?? Also, has anyone rented a car in Anchorage and driven to Seward? If you take your time and stop along the way for sightseeing, how long will it take? Would we have time to do a leisurely drive and arrive at Exit glacier in time for the 4PM ranger hike? Thanks to all who can help...

Kristi

If your priority is glaciers, then go out of Whittier, superior multi extended glacier viewing compared to Kenai Fjords. With frequent stops allow at least 4 hours Anchorage -Seward, I have driven it many times.

What about portage glacier? is it close to anchorage. My DW and i will be spending 2 days in anchorage after our cruise. We plan to relax on the first day after our train transfer from seward. The next evening we catch a flight at around midnight> any recommendations. We have rented a car for day 2. I'd rather not spend too much time in it. The most i'd like to drive is 200k in either directions. How far is whittier from anchorage.

Sorry but Portage Glacier in no way compares to PWS. It is OK for a look with some extra time, but with only 2 days, it would not be a priority for me. Since you are already seeing the Arm from the Alaska RR, I would take the car north. I also wouldn't be "relaxing" with so much to see and do in your too short time frame. Perhaps consider driving Hatcher Pass, over nighting in Talkeetna, with a great McKinley flight?? Request the Anchorage visitor guide-= http://www.anchorage. net

Whittier/Anchorage is about 60 miles.

Archived