Does Carnival send sale notifications only to those...

Texas_firefighter

...who do not currently have a cruise booked? I have not been getting them since we have been booked and have to check frequently to catch a sale going on. Glad I saw them because we have received price drops we would have missed out on. Carnival rep confirmed both of our email addys.I guess it's just that they are fishing for new bookings and don't like the fare reductions.

I must be on some sort of "do not mail" list. My email is current, I don't have any Carnival cruises booked, and it's been months since I've received an email from Carnival.:confused:

...who do not currently have a cruise booked? I have not been getting them since we have been booked and have to check frequently to catch a sale going on. Glad I saw them because we have received price drops we would have missed out on. Carnival rep confirmed both of our email addys.I guess it's just that they are fishing for new bookings and don't like the fare reductions.

I've heard this. Seems reasonable.

Seems to me that if you have your email registered you should automatically receive sale notifications. Isn't that the reason they ask you to submit your email? Just saying.:rolleyes:

Once someone told me they only send them if you do NOT have a cruise already booked.

Well, in my case .. I always have a cruise booked, so they said thats why I dont get the sale notifications.. that was years ago, and I gave up. Who knows the basis now... but if they think having a cruise booked.. I would see a sale and want to change or whatever.. stupid thinking.

I suspect their sales are aimed at newbie cruisers, or those who dont know better.

Once someone told me they only send them if you do NOT have a cruise already booked.

Well, in my case .. I always have a cruise booked, so they said thats why I dont get the sale notifications.. that was years ago, and I gave up. Who knows the basis now... but if they think having a cruise booked.. I would see a sale and want to change or whatever.. stupid thinking.

I suspect their sales are aimed at newbie cruisers, or those who dont know better.

Right, most of the time it makes no difference.But....occasionally one produces a price drop on an existing booking. Cerrtainly doesn't hurt to check them out. Just have to stumble on one or catch it posted on CC.

Right, most of the time it makes no difference.But....occasionally one produces a price drop on an existing booking. Cerrtainly doesn't hurt to check them out. Just have to stumble on one or catch it posted on CC.

I was told the way around it was to put a different email on my carnival profile than the email I booked under. Then I would get the emails

I also questioned my PVP and he didn't have a really good answer. So I pressed him a little more and was basically told that they were only sending sale emails to new or potential cruisers. I did the usual "what about loyalty, take my business elsewhere (cruise lines I get emails from), etc, ect. I guess he thought I was really serious about leaving and got a call from his supervisor asking what he could do to make me happy. My response: send me the sales emails. He said that is not our policy any more! I said I will find a cruise line with a policy of sending emails. I will still cruise Carnival but have been taking my business elsewhere more often.

I also questioned my PVP and he didn't have a really good answer. So I pressed him a little more and was basically told that they were only sending sale emails to new or potential cruisers..

sounds like that that is in line with the rest of Carnival's business model.:rolleyes:

I also questioned my PVP and he didn't have a really good answer. So I pressed him a little more and was basically told that they were only sending sale emails to new or potential cruisers. I did the usual "what about loyalty, take my business elsewhere (cruise lines I get emails from), etc, ect. I guess he thought I was really serious about leaving and got a call from his supervisor asking what he could do to make me happy. My response: send me the sales emails. He said that is not our policy any more! I said I will find a cruise line with a policy of sending emails. I will still cruise Carnival but have been taking my business elsewhere more often.

Pretty much what I was told.

Except my PVP suggested I use a email to sign up that I dont use to book cruises, so I would not show as a cruiser with cruises already booked.

Makes no sense to me either.

Archived