Stringray City (Antigua) on Summit

Xcitdcruiser

Hi there, I was wondering whether anyone remembers if X offers a tour to Stringray City (in Antigua) aboard the Summit. What was the cost & what did it involve? It seems like a place i'd like to visit & looking into ways of getting there but the Ports board suggest that the cruise line's tour may be the way to go (prefer not to do 6 hr tour). As I'm not setting sail for a very long time, the tours are not yet available to see. Many thanks in advance.

There are a couple. This first one is 3 hours and $69.75

Stingray Swim and Snorkel

Swim With Stingrays! A short boat ride on calm water will take you to, Stingray City. Here you will be able to pet and feed Southern Stingrays in their Natural Environment You will learn all about these amazing animals from your experienced Guide. Snorkel on coral reef with colorful fish life The calm, clear, shallow water makes this easy and fun for everybody

The next one is Stingray Kayak double adventure and it's $94.75 (4 hours)

Combining two Eco adventures of a life time. First you will be interacting, feeding and snorkeling with Southern Stingrays in their natural environment, surrounded by coral reefs and colorful fish. After a short speed boat ride you will embark on an fantastic kayaking expedition through the protected mangrove inlets, learning all about the Mangroves and the Marine Park.Then back to base to relax with our monkeys, parrots and other animals, enjoying complimentary rum & fruit punch.Leave us with double the memories, double the knowledge and double the fun.Wear your swimsuit, bring a towel & don't forget your camera.

I might also suggest that you check out the ports of call section of cruise critic. We always go with independent tour operators for excursions and not through the ship. It's always cheaper and less crowded. All the recommendations you find for any port are reputable people and you will have a great time.

My DH and DS did the Stingray swim and snorkel and really loved it. I generally agree to check out local options, but if I recall, there were really very few to choose from in this case and they were not significantly cheaper so we chose the ship's excursion. If the price is close, we tend to go with the ship for convenience, security, etc.. Otherwise, we definitely check out other options as well. Sometimes there are some viable alternatives, sometimes not, but it is worth researching.

Kathy, thank you so much for taking the time to post. I have been trying to look for local companies but have only found 2 which are very loong. As Phoenix Dream mentioned, there aren't many operators out there (& i have been searching those port boards!!) :/

I have some OBC that will need to use up, so the Swin & Snorkel seems to be the way to go!

Does it mention what time the tour starts?

Archived