How Long does it take to disimbark in the morning for excursions?

garyb(uk)

we will be in:

Florence/Pisa(Livorno) on 16 May 2013 and

Rome (Civitavecchia) on the 17 May 2013

we will be using private excursions with 'Rome in Limo' and was just wondering how long it will take to get off the ship + through customs? I have no idea how long to allow - this is our first cruise.

I'm assuming you will have cleared customs upon arrival in the EU country of ship departure; therefore, there will be no customs at other EU stops.

Once the ship has been cleared, all passengers are free to walk off the ship.

RomeinLimo is very experienced and your transportatiion will probably be parked just outside the tour bus area with your name in the car window (the guide may be walking around with your name as well). Your paperwork should give you the time to meet your guide.

we will be in:

Florence/Pisa(Livorno) on 16 May 2013 and

Rome (Civitavecchia) on the 17 May 2013

we will be using private excursions with 'Rome in Limo' and was just wondering how long it will take to get off the ship + through customs? I have no idea how long to allow - this is our first cruise.

These are not tender ports, so it should very quick to get off the ship. There will be a rush to get off as soon as the ship is cleared, but even then it should be no more than 15 minutes, and probably quicker. The only thing I would check is if you need some sort of shuttle to get from the ship to the port entrance. There may be some waiting time for the shuttle. Civitavecchia does have a shuttle, but I don't know about Livorno. I'd check the Ports of Call board to be sure.

you can get off as soon as the ship has cleared customs,they will announce it and let you know what deck to use. i really cant remember now what time you can get off but the RCI tours to Rome and Florence left very early . If youve got tours booked with Rome in Limo theyll let you know the time and will be waiting at the dock to pick you up, you just walk straight off the ship, you dont go through customs.

Archived