Cove Balcony vs. Regular Balcony on the Breeze?

jlk806

First of all, it looks like the only difference is the Cove Balconies are on lower decks than regular balconies? Is there any other difference in the room or balcony?

And has anyone ever stayed on a high deck forward in a balcony room? Do you feel a ton of movement in your room? The only cruise Ive been on we stayed bottom deck midship....

I had called Carnival about this and it is my understanding that the cove balcony is more private since there is a wall between balconies. As far as the coves being on lower decks I don't know about that but our cove balcony is on deck 7.

Actually all cove balconies are on deck 2 or Main deck its a CAT 7 balcony that doesn't dictate the deck. Heres a video of one of the cabins you can always just google cove balcony and look at the images of the 2 to see more examples.

COVE

COVE

carnival dream balcony room notice the glass on the balcony

Actually all cove balconies are on deck 2 or Main deck its a CAT 7 balcony that doesn't dictate the deck. Heres a video of one of the cabins you can always just google cove balcony and look at the images of the 2 to see more examples.

COVE

COVE

carnival dream balcony room notice the glass on the balcony

Yes, you are right. I just called Carnival and we are on deck 7 but just have a regular balcony. Sorry for the misinformation.

the actual cabin for Cove Balcony and regular Balcony are the same.

the actual balcony is 28% bigger on the Cove Balcony compared to regular Balcony (45 sq ft vs 35 sq ft).

the cove balcony has a little ledge perfect for drinks or room service breakfast.

there are lifeboats suspended above cove balconies, so they are often in the shade.

all cove balcony cabins are on deck 2, excellent for getting on/off at ports of call.

see my video here:

First of all, it looks like the only difference is the Cove Balconies are on lower decks than regular balconies? Is there any other difference in the room or balcony?

And has anyone ever stayed on a high deck forward in a balcony room? Do you feel a ton of movement in your room? The only cruise Ive been on we stayed bottom deck midship....

It depends if you like a sunny balcony or not

Coves tend to be wet because of the up spray from the Ocean and the are shaded..you wont be able to lay out in the sun on it.

A standard balcony will be sunnier but its narrow.

If you want the best of both worlds ...sun and a nice balcony size look at the Aft Extended Balcony rooms.

• Like 1

We thought about getting a cove balcony until we learned that they don't have glass railings (instead, the balcony is a "cutout" into the hull with metal railings). The ocean view from inside the cabin is a bit more limited than from regular balconies.

Another BIG disadvantage of cove balconies is that if the seas get VERY choppy, your balcony will be SEALED! :eek: (and on our cruise, they almost had to seal the cove balconies due to bad weather on the last day).

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1

The major difference is privacy.

The Breeze (like the Dream) has a Lanai Deck. So instead of overlooking just the ocean, it's like having a street below... with hot tubs... and smokers.

The Cove balcony overlooks just ocean.

The room itself should be the same.

2584790170100521907xWLklx_ph.jpg

2346491290100521907THBPrf_ph.jpg

Edited by campdaan

The Breeze (like the Dream) has a Lanai Deck. So instead of overlooking just the ocean, it's like having a street below... with hot tubs... and smokers.

Our balcony was located on the Upper Deck (6) so we had the closest deck to the Lanai Deck below (5). Contrary to similar comments like yours, we didn't encounter any problems with smokers from below or lack of privacy. Although it is true that there are hot tubs located on the Lanai, we had looked at the deck plan before booking and made sure that our balcony was not located above any of them.

Here are some pictures of the view from our balcony on the Upper deck:

CD015.jpg

CD025.jpg

• 1 year later...
Our balcony was located on the Upper Deck (6) so we had the closest deck to the Lanai Deck below (5). Contrary to similar comments like yours, we didn't encounter any problems with smokers from below or lack of privacy. Although it is true that there are hot tubs located on the Lanai, we had looked at the deck plan before booking and made sure that our balcony was not located above any of them.

Here are some pictures of the view from our balcony on the Upper deck:

CD015.jpg

CD025.jpg

What room were you in? We're on the same level and think I may have booked one near the hot tub. Is that the hot tub with the half circle protruding from the ship?

the actual cabin for Cove Balcony and regular Balcony are the same.

the actual balcony is 28% bigger on the Cove Balcony compared to regular Balcony (45 sq ft vs 35 sq ft).

the cove balcony has a little ledge perfect for drinks or room service breakfast.

there are lifeboats suspended above cove balconies, so they are often in the shade.

all cove balcony cabins are on deck 2, excellent for getting on/off at ports of call.

see my video here:

Thanks for this info and video...saving for future reference.

...Coves have, IMHO, more pros than cons. Coves are obviously closer to the water, so you get the sights and sounds of the ocean. They are much more private than regular balconies. I prefer not to be in the sun, so that's a pro for me. The regular balconies are much more "airy" and sunny. Perfect for the sun lovers. The aft wraparounds almost feel as if you have your own private yacht. Room sizes are about the same, so that's a wash. It's all personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

Once I saw the way the regular balconies were situated, I was very glad to have the cove on the Breeze. I would have hated the lack of privacy on those regular balconies. Especially on deck 6 or 7, you'd need to be very careful about keeping your shades drawn and being fully dressed if they are open or if you step outside onto the balcony. I'm a very private person and would have felt like I was on display or in a fishbowl most of the regular balconies on her. Maybe high and far forward or aft would have been ok. There were people sitting on deck 6 balconies in bathrobes with their feet up one night and I could literally see the color of their shorts underneath - which they thankfully had on!:eek:

On the flip side, I really loved the cove. The views to me were better than being higher up. The glass balconies on most ships sit with the rail at eye level on me so I can't just sit and view the water and the glass is usually dirty. With the cutouts beneath and the big opening, I actually felt like I had a better view of the water than I have in any other balcony on other ships. The balcony is bigger so it's easier to stretch on as well. Only drawback for us was being almost all the way forward and our sailing had some high winds so there was always salt crusted on the rails, chairs, and floor out there. The steward was good about cleaning it but as soon as we were underway it would build up again so we learned to just wear old shorts and a t-shirt out there instead of good clothes and to wipe stuff down before we sat on the chairs or leaned on the rail.

• 4 years later...
On 3/16/2014 at 9:02 PM, Naomi John said:

These views/pictures would not have been possible:

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0394.jpg

Taken on March 4, 2014. Cove Balcony, Magic.

I will be on the Horizon October 2019-Cove Balcony. I was a bit apprehensive at first. I did a little research. Confirmed that mid ship lowedr decks is where you feel the least movement. Being this close to the water affords opportunities to view/photograph aquatic animals like dolphins. Cove Balconies are shaded and are more private. Pros for sure.  If the water is rough then that door gets shut and it goes from a balcony to oceanview.  This will be a first for me so I look forward to sharing the full expierence.

• Like 1