Prepaid Gratuities

pinkroses

My TIme Dining requires prepaid gratuities. However, when I look at my reservation, the amount of prepaid is twice as much as I had figured. I looked at the tip for all categories and still came out with much less. How does RCL figure this out? Thanks!

If only.....I am always concerned about prepaying tips as I often wonder if the person will continue to offer the best service, however I do understand with My Time Dining why it would be so! We had a head waiter on one cruise that showed up the last night! Now that is not deserving of prepaid anything!

If only.....I am always concerned about prepaying tips as I often wonder if the person will continue to offer the best service, however I do understand with My Time Dining why it would be so! We had a head waiter on one cruise that showed up the last night! Now that is not deserving of prepaid anything!

You should contact RCI as there appears to be a mistake in the amount you are being charged (or notify your travel agent so they can handle it if you used a travel agent).

Regarding the head waiters, most of their work is behind-the-scenes, so if you did not see them until the last night that is a good thing - it means everything was running smoothly. They tend to be the ones to solve problems if issues arise during your meals and they supervise your waitstaff.

I do not think that service is likely to drop just because tips are pre-paid for a few reasons. Most of the staff are great, hard working people and excel at providing good service. Most of the staff are hoping to go the extra mile to potentially receive extra cash at the end of the cruise. The staff depends on good comments in order to move up and earn extra perks; if they provide subpar service their comments will suffer and they will not be able to advance (and may not have their contract renewed). Two of the best restaurants in Chicago require one to prepay their gratuity at the time they book the restaurant and they have about the best service in town.

Thanks! I figured it per person as well as on the tip calculator at $11.75 per day times 4 adults times 12 days and came out with about $559.00. My bill is showing $1116.00! That's alot of tip!

Any children? They are charged the same amount in tips.

Archived