Dog Sledding on Glacier in June

LibertyGirl7

Hi! Has anyone done the dog sledding on the glacier in June? Just wondering what to wear. I have done dog sledding in Alberta but had to wear full snow suit, boots, hat, mits, scarfs as it was minus -45 degrees at the time. Just not sure what to expect. Do I bring snow pants? Do I completely bundle up?

Temps aren't that cold. :) But you will need a lined jacket, hat and gloves. Layers are the key.

Also be aware of what other touring is available in the port and have ideas and phone numbers handy for plan B.

Glacier Dog sledding tours are the most canceled on Alaska cruises.

YMMV, just like the rest of Alaska.

The sites are high up on ice, could be sunny and all you need is sunglass and shortsleeve, could be overcast and wet. I would say bring layers and at departure you should be able to tell if you need to wear the extra or shed them.

As the other poster noted it is often canceled due to weather so have backup plans. The day we went it was sunny almost shortsleeve.

Hi! Has anyone done the dog sledding on the glacier in June? Just wondering what to wear. I have done dog sledding in Alberta but had to wear full snow suit, boots, hat, mits, scarfs as it was minus -45 degrees at the time. Just not sure what to expect. Do I bring snow pants? Do I completely bundle up?

183572434_640Outsledding.jpg.796aa435bbe160698e8dab2cc336778a.jpg

When we went it ended up being so warm we took our jackets off and just wore lights shirts, no hats or gloves. It was very warm on the glacier though I would take warm wear with you. You really don't know what the weather will be like until you get ready to leave for the top. They have lockers from where you take off at and they will let you know what the weather is like on the glacier so if its warm you can put your jackets in the locker.

Archived