Dinner reservations on the Jade

scarlett19

I have always been able to book a speciality restaurant earlier in the morning before lunch for that evening or for the next evening. I do know if any speciality restaurants books out early, it is the Teriyaki bar mainly because of the limited seating. I would book that one early, and the others wait until I board the ship. But you may choose to do otherwise.

Sounds like that's what I'll do. Thanks.

I wanted to add that I am not all that picky at what time I dine. If you are choosy on the time, I would book as many reservations as possible on the first day aboard. I usually book one speciality restaurant per cruise. I know others book more. I find the food available at the main dining rooms and buffet okay, but I do plan for one special night. ;)

I'll just second that it is the Tepanyaki restaurant (the Benihana-style showmanship of grilled food) that probably has the most limited seating on many ships. For example, there were only 16 total seats x 2 seatings on one sailing I was on in March 2008 to Mexico (Dawn or Star).

Everything else was easy to make reservations or walkin day of.

That said, things can vary from cruise to cruise even on the same ship. If a particular experience is really important to you being happy, get early reservations.

We are doing the Jade in the Mediterranean next April. Sounds like we don't need reservations at all. I would prefer to simply walk in, since we are in a different time zone, our body clocks are off, sometime we are not hungry... so hard to make reservations in advance. Some time we have a late lunch and skip dinner. Would like to do something special a couple of nights, so walking in at the last minute would be best for us.

Archived