Mayan Ruins and Beach Excursion through Carnival

newbie3815

We did this the summer before last, and really enjoyed it. It was a nice way to learn some history and cultural features of the island, see some ruins but still be able to enjoy snorkeling in the beautiful waters around the island. I loved our tour guide, Moi, and I loved driving around the island. After the tour, we asked to be dropped off in the shopping district, had some great fun shopping, then took a taxi back to the ship.

Whatever you do, enjoy your cruise!

We did this the summer before last, and really enjoyed it. It was a nice way to learn some history and cultural features of the island, see some ruins but still be able to enjoy snorkeling in the beautiful waters around the island. I loved our tour guide, Moi, and I loved driving around the island. After the tour, we asked to be dropped off in the shopping district, had some great fun shopping, then took a taxi back to the ship.

Whatever you do, enjoy your cruise!

I am thinking about this excursion for my next cruise. Can you tell me how long the bus ride was to the ruins?

• 2 weeks later...

The little ones will be able to handle the walking but the cultural part of the experience will probably be lost on them. Their favorite parts of the excursion will likely be the iguanas at the ruins and the beach.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk 2

Archived