Viking Passage to Eastern Europe optional tours

id est

• 1 month later...

As I promised a short review of our "Passage to Eastern Europe" trip:

1. Overall it was a great vacation with Viking did an excellent job.

2. Viking Primadonna is one the best ship we've ever sailed but unfortunately it was it's last trip. I compared it to Viking's new longships when we were docked next to Embla in Budapest and realized we were very lucky to sail on Primadonna and not on a new ship.

3. Did not do any optional tours so can't be of any help about which one to choose. However from the description Kovacica Excursion looked the most interesting.

Again thanks to Viking for a perfect vacation!

Hopefully we'll book March 2013 "Tulips and windmills" some time in February when all cabins become available.

As I promised a short review of our "Passage to Eastern Europe" trip:

1. Overall it was a great vacation with Viking did an excellent job.

2. Viking Primadonna is one the best ship we've ever sailed but unfortunately it was it's last trip. I compared it to Viking's new longships when we were docked next to Embla in Budapest and realized we were very lucky to sail on Primadonna and not on a new ship.

3. Did not do any optional tours so can't be of any help about which one to choose. However from the description Kovacica Excursion looked the most interesting.

Again thanks to Viking for a perfect vacation!

Hopefully we'll book March 2013 "Tulips and windmills" some time in February when all cabins become available.

Thanks for posting... good to hear the positive feedback. Did you start or end in Budapest??

Looking forward to our cruise next April. This will be our 1st time with Viking - although our 6th river cruise. We did a Tulip Time cruise in 2011 (with Scenic) and it was amazing... The Keukenhof was on my bucket list. I am sure you will enjoy it!!

Fran

Thanks for posting... good to hear the positive feedback. Did you start or end in Budapest??

Thanks. We started in Bucharest and ended in Budapest. Unlike Budapest Bucharest is not much to see so 1 day is more than enough there.

Thanks. We started in Bucharest and ended in Budapest. Unlike Budapest Bucharest is not much to see so 1 day is more than enough there.

We are also starting in Bucharest... to save the best for last (so to speak...)

Fran

Archived