Mini review Allure of the seas Halloween edition

Carolin

My best friend just came back from sailing on the Allure. It was her and her husbands first anniversary as well as both of thier birthdays. They are now officially hooked on cruising. :D Of course I had to say.... told you so. hahaha I proceded to grill her to get all of the fine details for you.

Food : They ate in the main dining room and loved it. They did go to one speciality dining room and thought that the food was good but not much better then what they were served in the main dining room. Absolutely loved all you can eat ice cream.

Cabin : They had an inner balcony over central park. They were pleased that there were heavier curtains in place so your not playing peek-a-boo with the neighbors across the park. She was extremely pleased with her cabin steward. She did get towel animals every night and thought they were adorable.

Ship : She never felt crowded at all. She sailed at a time where there were not as many families on board. There were some families as always but not enough to feel overwelmed. Since it was their first cruise, they took picked up a lot of the pictures taken by the ships photographers. They really like the face recognition system to pick them out. She told me they where only lost for a little bit but easily figured out how to get around.

Entertainment : This is where she had mixed reviews. She enjoyed the comedians. She didn't care for the main stage act or the acrobatic act. I told her that you can't expect Vegas quality on a ship. Just doesn't happen. She got hooked on playing bingo (go figure). And she enjoyed the piano bar.

Ports : The main focus for them was to have beach time. They live in Washington state and felt the need to relax and bake in the sun. St. Thomas they went to Megan's beach. St. Maarten they went to Orient beach. They loved thier beach time as well as the sea days.

She told me that now she understands why I love cruising so much. Thank you to the Allure and the wonderful criew for making my friend so very happy. :)

I was also on this cruise and thought the Ocean Aria show and the Blue Planet shows were AMAZING. The acrobats were the best I have ever seen. I guess my point is that opinions are very subjective and each person can see things in different ways.

Entertainment : This is where she had mixed reviews. She enjoyed the comedians. She didn't care for the main stage act or the acrobatic act.

I was also on this cruise and I wonder what was the "main stage act or the acrobat act"? There were several different ones :confused:

But a good thing she likes cruising, she is one of us now :D

I was also on this cruise and I wonder what was the "main stage act or the acrobat act"? There were several different ones :confused:

But a good thing she likes cruising, she is one of us now :D

I will grill her for the information and get back to you. Although I think some of the other people who were on this cruise could probably look up the information and give up the details as well. :)

I will grill her for the information and get back to you. Although I think some of the other people who were on this cruise could probably look up the information and give up the details as well. :)

I am one of the people on the cruise :)

It's just quite vague to say "main stage" and "acrobat" as there was two acrobat shows and three different shows at the Amber Theater.

Maybe she didn't see them all?

I am one of the people on the cruise :)

It's just quite vague to say "main stage" and "acrobat" as there was two acrobat shows and three different shows at the Amber Theater.

Maybe she didn't see them all?

Yep.. Thats what I thought as well. btw. I am enjoying your review very much. Now I can SEE what she's talking about. Thank you. :)

Archived