??? Im Red now buttt

Shatima

OK, So Im on the RED VIFP right now.. BUT 3 days into my 5 days Cruise I will be GOLD.. How does that work????? Because on my Boarding pass it does still show RED(which is fine).. Has anyone went through this yet??? Did you get your free drink??

2nd Question.. The Party thats for Everyone but BLUE & RED Are they on a FIVE day cruise to, or thats only 6 days or longer Cruises???

Thank You sooo much for any help...

OK, So Im on the RED VIFP right now.. BUT 3 days into my 5 days Cruise I will be GOLD.. How does that work????? Because on my Boarding pass it does still show RED(which is fine).. Has anyone went through this yet??? Did you get your free drink??

2nd Question.. The Party thats for Everyone but BLUE & RED Are they on a FIVE day cruise to, or thats only 6 days or longer Cruises???

If you turn Gold during your cruise you should be Gold as you board and receive Gold Card and invite to VIFP Party. Your Booking Summary Sheet in your Cruise Docs should eventually show GOLD and VIFP Number alongside each Passenger - sometime after Final Payment and as Approach Cruise Date.

ken

If you turn Gold during your cruise you should be Gold as you board and receive Gold Card and invite to VIFP Party. Your Booking Summary Sheet in your Cruise Docs should eventually show GOLD and VIFP Number alongside each Passenger - sometime after Final Payment and as Approach Cruise Date.

ken

First of ALL thank you soooo much for answering my question.. Oh yeah its totally paid off I leave next week (plus this was a transfer since Sandy made Carnival cxl Glory Two weeks ago.)

SO, Ok great I will be GOLD when We check in..

Hey!

Yeah I totally wondered the same thing. I printed my docs and I will be on board as Gold even tho I don't "turn" Gold until day 3 as well!

Also, in case it matters, you are allowed to bring one guest to your past-guest party that isn't Gold or above (my fiancee is only going to be Red after this cruise too).

Have so much fun!

Hey!

Yeah I totally wondered the same thing. I printed my docs and I will be on board as Gold even tho I don't "turn" Gold until day 3 as well!

Also, in case it matters, you are allowed to bring one guest to your past-guest party that isn't Gold or above (my fiancee is only going to be Red after this cruise too).

Have so much fun!

Thank you.... OMGGGG U are getting married!!!!! Congrats to you... Wait I havent seen u over on the Wedding and honeymoon board up here.. please tell me U will do a Review.. Its so close... Im very happy for you/yall :D

You have a great time as well...

We are doing a B2B and will turn Gold during the second cruise. Final payment is made and boarding passes printed and they identify us as Red on that second cruise.

See U are in the same boat.. I wonder whyyyyyy?????

We are doing a B2B and will turn Gold during the second cruise. Final payment is made and boarding passes printed and they identify us as Red on that second cruise.

It will show that way until your first portion is completed. As you sit right now you wouldnt be Golden on the 2nd leg if it was a stand alone so they will update your status when 1st leg is complete and you'll be gold on 2nd leg.

It will show that way until your first portion is completed. As you sit right now you wouldnt be Golden on the 2nd leg if it was a stand alone so they will update your status when 1st leg is complete and you'll be gold on 2nd leg.

Oh ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

I was going to post a similar thread. Right now I am 21 days. My next cruise is 4 days and so I will be 25 on the last day of that cruise. Will I have a red or gold card when I get on that cruise...more importantly, will I be able to go to the VIFP past guest party? Sorry if this is a hijack...just didn't want to get flamed for posting a new thread with the same topic.

Edit: looks like I will be gold when I board, but do they even have a past guest party on a 4 day cruise?

According to Carnival's website under the Terms and Conditions:

"Not withstanding the foregoing, in the event a Member books a Cruise in which such Member will attain the necessary VIFP Points to reach a new Level during or by the end of such Cruise (a “Crossover Cruise”), CCL may, in its sole discretion, offer such Member the Benefits offered to Members of the higher Level during the Crossover Cruise."

here's a link: http://www.carnival.com/loyalty/termsandconditionspopup.aspx

I am gold but my DH was red because he has only sailed 21 days. We called and they did bump him up to gold because he was sailing with me and he would attain gold during this cruise. His cruise docs were changed from red to gold.

My understanding is that whatever your docs show when you embark, that is the level you will be for the duration of that cruise. If you want to try to bump up to gold, you have to call them prior to your cruise.

Good luck! :)

I was going to post a similar thread. Right now I am 21 days. My next cruise is 4 days and so I will be 25 on the last day of that cruise. Will I have a red or gold card when I get on that cruise...more importantly, will I be able to go to the VIFP past guest party? Sorry if this is a hijack...just didn't want to get flamed for posting a new thread with the same topic.

Edit: looks like I will be gold when I board, but do they even have a past guest party on a 4 day cruise?

We were exactly as you, 21 days. Were to turn gold on the cancelled Halloween cruise. We received gold cards at check in.

Obviously the cruise never happened so we figured we were still red, ... not so. Carnival gave us 5 pts. anyway. :)

On your B2B, you will not automatically update.

There is a form you PVP/TA can fill out. OR take your cruise history etc with you and go to guest services during the first sailing and have them get it updated. Normally your cruise history does not update until AFTER you disembark the ship.

ken

Yes, this.

Mine shows on the booking page as red, but when I view my final documents for my upcoming cruise, it shows me as Gold. I have 19 days now with a 7 day booked.

I made final payment yesterday for our upcoming Conquest cruise, and also spoke with her about our guest recognition status. Our VIFP showed this was our first cruise, when in reality it will be our 4th with Carnival. I e-mailed them back in June to get it corrected, and received an e-mail back saying our cruises showed up and should show up on the VIFP page within 72 hours. They did not show up.

I told the representative on the phone that I just wanted to make sure we got the correct color sail and sign cards, which according to my calculations would be gold as we were at 19 days and adding 7 more would be 26 and you need 25 to go gold. She said yes, we would be gold on our Conquest cruise. :) And she fixed it so our past cruises do show up now on the VIFP page.

If ever in doubt, just call and talk to someone.

We were exactly as you, 21 days. Were to turn gold on the cancelled Halloween cruise. We received gold cards at check in.

Obviously the cruise never happened so we figured we were still red, ... not so. Carnival gave us 5 pts. anyway. :)

Sweet!!! I will have 7 cruises with 25 days after my 8/13 cruise on the Imagination (would be 30 days but my free 5 day cruise I won at Bingo...the days don't count). If only I could squeeze in 3 more cruises.....:p

On your B2B, you will not automatically update.

There is a form you PVP/TA can fill out. OR take your cruise history etc with you and go to guest services during the first sailing and have them get it updated. Normally your cruise history does not update until AFTER you disembark the ship.

Thank you so much for that information. I'll print off our history and take it to guest services. What we won't do for some free drinks, lol.

I'd go to guest service during first cruise and ask them to update your profile for the second cruise.

Im Red now buttt :eek: happened to me the other night trying to get ready for out 11/12/12 cruise i stayed in the tanning bed to long :eek::eek: Red Butt

I don't know. Maybe we'll find out on here.

How fun, you were on the Nate show. The video won't work for me but I bet it was so much fun.

Aww thank you... Yeah It want work any more :( since he is off air now.. Butttt He re did my WHOLE living room.. Thats was totally blessing... and so much fun.. NY is WONDERFUL

Archived