Rendezvous Cay recently?

kona_wahine

• 2 weeks later...

Our first and only time here was in April 2011. The 20-30 minute boat ride there was easy and scenic. The island itself was tiny and 80 or so folks on the excursion completely filled it up. The restroom facilities were port-a-jons on a barge tied to the pier.

It was an overcast windy day but the water was still pretty clear. The wind also made getting back in from the outer reef a bit tricky. This was our first experience with a "group" snorkel excursion, and if there is anything negative, it would be that. This group happened to have several that couldn't or wouldn't follow instructions and we spent much of the time dodging them.

Here's a link to pics from there:

Rendezvous Cay

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were there over Christmas. My wife was a little scared of the idea of this tiny island in the ocean, but she and my two boys, 9 and 11, loved it.

We went in the advanced group, and it was a solid hour of snorkeling, making our way up and back down the barrier reef.

Tour guides were fantastic!

We were there over Christmas. My wife was a little scared of the idea of this tiny island in the ocean, but she and my two boys, 9 and 11, loved it.

We went in the advanced group, and it was a solid hour of snorkeling, making our way up and back down the barrier reef.

Tour guides were fantastic!

Glad you had a great time! Did you snorkel right off the shore or off a boat? I am under the impression on one side of the island, my daughter and I, who are inexperienced could just do a little walk in snorkeling, while hubby, sons and friends can go with the more experienced group? Can you just stay on the beach if you want? Thanks for your help!

Glad you had a great time! Did you snorkel right off the shore or off a boat? I am under the impression on one side of the island, my daughter and I, who are inexperienced could just do a little walk in snorkeling, while hubby, sons and friends can go with the more experienced group? Can you just stay on the beach if you want? Thanks for your help!

The wife and I did this tour last monday 1/7/13...everyone (beginner-intermediate-advanced snorkeler) just walks into the water. you do go in groups...but if you trail behind a little bit all will be well!. You can stay on the beach if you like. There are some tables with thatched roofs for shade. Food is available but for a fee...as with the beer.

• 3 months later...
The wife and I did this tour last monday 1/7/13...everyone (beginner-intermediate-advanced snorkeler) just walks into the water. you do go in groups...but if you trail behind a little bit all will be well!. You can stay on the beach if you like. There are some tables with thatched roofs for shade. Food is available but for a fee...as with the beer.

How far out do you go and how deep is it at the reef area?

Archived