Navigator Nov 8 - 27 B2B Miami to Miami

s2000drvr

We have arrived in San Juan around 3p. It is hot and humid, our kind of weather. Went to a great place called The Parrot Club for a drink and an appetizer. Just two tours were running today due to the lateness of our arrival.

There are a few ships docked along side of us making it a bit crowded while walking around. We leave around 11p and there is a Dancing Under the Stars party on the pool deck.

The food continues to be wonderful in Compass Rose.

Tomorrow we will be in St. Thomas where we will be taking a photography course. We did take one in Barbados in March and it was fantastic. Hope this is comparable.

Interesting about the sailboat incident. Six years ago on the Navigator, we were on the bridge tour (back then you could be on the bridge when the ship was underway, but no more), and they received a call about a tanker in distress. However, another vessel was going to give aid as they were closer. It was interesting to see/hear the protocol.

If you happen to be seated in Alberto P.'s station in the Compass Rose, please tell him Mr. Donald and Mrs. Mary (the "Creamee Brulee" people) say hello. :) He's such fun and a wonderful person.

Thanks for your continued posts!

I'm maintaining a low profile but enjoying the cruise. Sette Mari is an excellent concept and has served great meals for us. Excellent friendly service from staff who take pride in the venue and the food. Prime 7 was also good.

The only two negatives. I've found the food in Compass Rise tired and much more like the mass market lines than I recall. Pre-plated food coming out tired after a long stay under the heating lights in the kitchen is not what I expected (This is our 4th Regent cruise) Service too is haphazard in CR and the dining crew seem to be pushed and stressed. We intend to concentrate on Sette Mari for the rest of this cruise.

Second, the all pervasive smell of tobacco smoke on deck 6 from Stars to Reception. I think we have a number of hard core smokers here and it is just not contained in the Conoisseurs Club. I now get my coffee in Navigator Lounge and go elsewhere to drink it.

But we are enjoying it and, despite yesterday's drama at sea, loved San Juan. We have a great cabin steward too.

The last two days have been wonderful. We did the photography course in St. Thomas. We went to four sites and tried to apply what was taught to us about aperture, lighting, etc. Not sure how successful we were as I thought the pictures came out pretty well. We will need an edit program to help enhance our photos.

The weather was on the very warm side, and humid.

We are now in St. Barts. We just love it here, having been here in March. We had to be tendered in, but it was a short ride, about 10 minutes to town. The weather is the same, very warm and humid. We attempted to climb the stairs to one of the forts, but gave up when we could not see the end of the staircase.

Tomorrow we will be in Tortola. No excursions planned for us.

Another favorable comment about this cruise. For some reason internet speeds are very good. Not like at home of course but acceptable and much better than I recall. I heard someone say that there had been improvements to the system but is it also generally better in the Caribbean?

Archived