Navigator Nov 8 - 27 B2B Miami to Miami

s2000drvr

We did the Tikal by air tour also, and enjoyed it immensely. Highly recommend.

Glad the cave tubing was fun for you. I agree--a bit out of the box for me too, but glad I did it.

Cat's ear. Are you talking internal ear (the answer would be 0 as there are no muscles in the internal ear) or external ear? If external, don't know for sure but would guess 4. Will have to go examine Missy's ears when I get home.

Hi all,

Sorry to be late logging on. The internet has been so slow and I was under the weather for a couple days.

s2000drvr, I think I must have been stalking you at Prime 7 and the Chochoben excursion.

We have really enjoyed relaxing on this cruise and have cancelled two excursions..... just loving quiet times on the pool deck. I took the Absolute Paradise excursion in Belize. We were divided into novice and advanced snorkelers. I went with the advanced group. The reef is really poor and it was a 45 minute guided snorkel where everyone had to keep up with the guide. I was so busy trying to keep up, I missed the fish. My friend went in the novice group and had a great time.

I have found the food to be fair in the CR. Entree selections aren't really exciting, tough lobster and beef. The meals in Prime 7 and Sette Mari have been very good. The pastry chef has been excellent, but luscious buttery croissants at breakfast! Service has been good, with the bartenders in the Navigator Lounge very attentive, but we like to perch on the bar stools!

Wes, if you are reading this thread, Willie sends a Hello to you and Ida.

Looking forward to parasailing in Key West tomorrow.

Hi NCCruzQueen/Beth (& hello to Crystal too);

Wonderful detail in your Nav on board report, thanks for taking the time to share.

Thanks also for passing Willie's hello along, pls in turn pass our warm regards back.

Continue enjoying a relaxing Nav voyage.

Hi all

Wendy, CruzQueen, Rachel, s2000drvr, et al.....

Reading about the excursions has been so informative. Thanks to you all! Six years ago the Lamanai excursion, which we had signed up/paid for (not all inclusive back then) was canceled because we arrived in Belize late. I think next time we might try that one again. Had been thinking about the snorkeling excursion, but not if the reef is in poor condition. (Wish someday the Nav would go to Bonaire....now that's great diving/snorkeling!):)

Thanks again for all of your informative reports. Enjoy the rest of the cruise!

Sheltie, I have also done the Lamanai trip twice, and really liked it. The only downside is the bus ride, which is about an hour each way. The boat ride up and down the river to the site is also about an hour, but really interesting. Again, bring a scarf or well-fitting hat, it's kind of windy.

Once when we were there it was warm and we were warned about mosquitoes, but only saw a few. The other time it was cool, which made the jungle very pleasant, but the boat ride a little chilly.

Just checked to see if there was a tour planned for our turn around day. Nothing is planned for us. Maybe there are not enough passengers doing this b2b. We do have to get off the ship, go through immigration, then get back on.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it may be a great day, weather permitting to lay by the pool or grab a cab and so shopping.

Today was disembarkation day for all but a few of us who are doing the b2b. It took about an hour for the ship to zero out. One couple did not understand the instructions and were swimming in the pool until a staff member saw them.

The first 7 days of this cruise were so great. There are no complaints from us. We did enjoy Sette Mari one evening, but found that the amount of food to be quite overwhelming! The choices are unbelievable as was the food.

We prefer Compass Rose as we have found all the meals to be excellent. Of course, our first choice is Prime 7, only twice can we dine there, once per segment.

Today is a very nice, warm sunny day, very few clouds. Our first port will be Nassau where we will treat that as a sea day.

Some of our favorite crew members are leaving today. DeeDee in Compass Rose is heading home. We will miss her dearly.

Is DeeDee leaving for good? :( Or just for vacation? She was one of our favorites too.

Enjoy the next week of your cruise!

ps--that couple in the pool didn't "understand" the debarkation instructions for sure!! Unbelievable....:rolleyes:

Is DeeDee leaving for good? :( Or just for vacation? She was one of our favorites too.

Enjoy the next week of your cruise!

ps--that couple in the pool didn't "understand" the debarkation instructions for sure!! Unbelievable....:rolleyes:

DeeDee is going home for her vacation, then she is headed for the Mariner. Such a delightful person!

Maybe the couple in the pool "didn't understand" on purpose!

In Nassau, see if you can find anyone on the Athol snorkling tour. We were scheduled for the jeep tour there for our upcoming cruise, but it got cancelled. We were notified yesterday, and pretty much everything else was full. My husband loves snorkling anyway, but it is not really my thing. I expect the water will be too cold for my liking. Anyway, if you can see what people think of it, I would appreciate it.

In Nassau, see if you can find anyone on the Athol snorkling tour. We were scheduled for the jeep tour there for our upcoming cruise, but it got cancelled. We were notified yesterday, and pretty much everything else was full. My husband loves snorkling anyway, but it is not really my thing. I expect the water will be too cold for my liking. Anyway, if you can see what people think of it, I would appreciate it.

Will try and find people that are on that tour. Right now that tour is not wait-listed.

looking forward to boarding in just over a week. It'll be a hectic start, first heading to Chicago this weekend and on to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving. A bit of shopping on Friday and birthday celebration for three family members, then to Miami on Saturday. Certainly has made for interesting packing.

We sent two bags ahead by Luggage Free. The freight company picked them up right on time. Then I proceeded to fill another big bag. I know I'm taking too much, but a month is a long time.

We planned to do the Amazon on another line last Feb, but a bout of pneumonia and three weeks on life support did that trip in. But when I came out of my coma I kept telling the nurses I had to go home to pack for the Amazon. They thought I was delirious, until Phil told them it was true. So even though I won't be as mobile as I'd like, I have no complaints. I am going to enjoy every minute of this trip!

JoAnne B

I finally found someone who took this tour. She said "If I had to pay for it, I would". She thoroughly enjoyed this tour. She said she saw fish she has never seen before. She saw a baby stingray. I do not know if that is unusual or not. She said she just loved this tour. Hope that answers your question, but that is just one person's opinion. She did not indicate if the water was cold or not, but apparently not as she stayed in the water for one hour.

We arrived in Nassau, Bahamas. Today we did not do any tours. We are not fans of this port so we just walked around and got harassed by just too many people. We quickly reboarded the Navigator and had a cappuccino. The temps were also too cool for me, probably about 75. I know I am from New England, but we like it quite warm.

While we were in the Navigator Lounge having a predinner wine, there was a table of 5 people near us. They were wearing flip flops, shorts, etc. A waiter came by around 6:05 and told them they were improperly dressed and suggested they change their attire.

We dined again in Compass Rose and had a very fulfilling dinner. Service was excellent, as usual.

looking forward to boarding in just over a week. It'll be a hectic start, first heading to Chicago this weekend and on to Milwaukee for Thanksgiving. A bit of shopping on Friday and birthday celebration for three family members, then to Miami on Saturday. Certainly has made for interesting packing.

We sent two bags ahead by Luggage Free. The freight company picked them up right on time. Then I proceeded to fill another big bag. I know I'm taking too much, but a month is a long time.

We planned to do the Amazon on another line last Feb, but a bout of pneumonia and three weeks on life support did that trip in. But when I came out of my coma I kept telling the nurses I had to go home to pack for the Amazon. They thought I was delirious, until Phil told them it was true. So even though I won't be as mobile as I'd like, I have no complaints. I am going to enjoy every minute of this trip!

JoAnne B

Really sorry to hear about your illness but am thrilled that you will be able to enjoy your upcoming cruise. Stay well and have a great time!

I finally found someone who took this tour. She said "If I had to pay for it, I would". She thoroughly enjoyed this tour. She said she saw fish she has never seen before. She saw a baby stingray. I do not know if that is unusual or not. She said she just loved this tour. Hope that answers your question, but that is just one person's opinion. She did not indicate if the water was cold or not, but apparently not as she stayed in the water for one hour.

Thanks so much. Answered my question and I am sure the guys will love it.

joAnne, so glad you are better now and able to cruise.

Also glad the waiter kicked out the group in flip flops.

A question about the cave tubing as we will be doing that next month.

What did you do with personal items (wallet, anything you want to keep dry?)

You could either rent a locker or stow it on the bus. Our bus driver was right near the bus. No one had a problem with the stuff being on the bus. The lockers were kind of small, so if you had a large beach bag, it may not fit.

This morning as we are sailing towards San Juan, we had to make an emergency stop to help a sailboat. We quickly turned around and headed to the sailboat to give them some provisions. Looks like they had run out of water, at least that is what it looked like to us. The crew lowered a tender and passed quite a few packages to the crew on the sailboat. Now we are headed toward San Juan.

The seas are behaving today and so is the weather.

Archived