Travelscoot batteries

sailaway5

I have two lithium batteries for my scoot. It is now 5 years old and so far it holds a full charge. That is going to be a $ shock when it is time to replace them but so far it is fine. I use it regularly - about 3 or 4 times a week and recharge at least once a week. When we cruise I use it daily and recharge every night. I do the same on land vacations and have never had problems given that I have 2 batteries. I get about 8 or so miles on a charge. A bit more (maybe 9 +) on level ground and a bit less on very hilly terrain.

I have two lithium batteries for my scoot. It is now 5 years old and so far it holds a full charge. That is going to be a $ shock when it is time to replace them but so far it is fine. I use it regularly - about 3 or 4 times a week and recharge at least once a week. When we cruise I use it daily and recharge every night. I do the same on land vacations and have never had problems given that I have 2 batteries. I get about 8 or so miles on a charge. A bit more (maybe 9 +) on level ground and a bit less on very hilly terrain.

Thanks for giving us your experience with the lithium. Nice to know they are still taking a full charge after 5 years. Do you alternate your batteries? Have you ever gone further than the 8 miles and had to switch over? DH will be using it primarily for cruising...and hopefully at the airport.

We were looking at the SLA battery too, but I think it is pretty heavy, which we would want to avoid. I agree, the $$ are high..

katisdale & jackretired --- thanks again for your input.

We do alternate the batteries. My DH has them marked A and B and he remembers which one we used last. We have run out of juice twice using a single battery, once on a cruise and once on a land trip. On both occasions we had done a lot of traveling but I am not sure how far we had traveled as we had long walks (should I say rolls?) interspersed with bus or taxi travel. Both times it was nearly at the end of the day. It was easy to change as we keep the batteries velcroed together and he just unplugs one and plugs the other in.

I've had mine for 3 1/2 years and still going strong. I purchased the SLA battery as a back up and to use in the summer if I think I will be leaving the scooter in the hot car for any length of time....not suppose to expose the Li-on to high heat. So far both are doing well. I have gone 3 days on a cruise without recharging with basic running around the ship and land excursion...but most of the time I charge nightly. Yes the SLA is heavier but it still isn't bad because it and the scooter still only weigh about 50 pounds. And I piggy back the SLA and the Li-on and it still only weighs 55 pounds.

Archived