2006 Brochure - Cabin Layouts!

guernseyguy

The dreaded hand of Princess has struck again - and in a first in recent history (and possibly ever) actually has Cabin Layouts for the QE2, with Q1, Q2, Q3, P2, C4, CA, C2, M6, M4, MI cabin layout with 'cut away' illustrations - progress!

The M7 category is a total of 2 cabins, M6, 45, C6, 2 and P4, 2.

So looks lile the only real change is in greater differentiation in the M insides.

Why they chose to illustrate the lower Mauretania categories rather than the M1, M2 I don't know - unless there was too much variation in the M1/M2 layouts.

As noted previously, on the QM2 the A1 cabins are Deck 12 & Deck 11 midships, A2, Deck 11 fore & Aft, A3, Deck 8 Unobstructed. There is also further differentiation among the inside cabins.

Peter

Don't think we can blame Princess for this one.

Those "cut-away" drawings have been in the last two brochures I've had. (2005 and 2005/6). The 2005 brochure must have been prepared in early 2004, way before Princess started fiddling with things. (as far as I know)

By the way, have they fixed the C4 diagram yet? In the 2005 brochure it showed a shower and there was an errata sheet with a correct diagram showing a bath. When the 2005/6 brochure came out it still showed the shower, but no errata.

Don't think we can blame Princess for this one.

Those "cut-away" drawings have been in the last two brochures I've had. (2005 and 2005/6). The 2005 brochure must have been prepared in early 2004, way before Princess started fiddling with things. (as far as I know)

By the way, have they fixed the C4 diagram yet? In the 2005 brochure it showed a shower and there was an errata sheet with a correct diagram showing a bath. When the 2005/6 brochure came out it still showed the shower, but no errata.

Oops! Looks like neither I nor Cunard have been paying sufficient attention. The C4 diagram still shows a shower...

Peter

I think the 2006 brochure is the first original one since 2004. There are some great photos in there. A nice piece of work after lots of very poor brochures and leaflets from them.

I did notice the new M grades and also some of the C grades seem to have been moved about. A lot of the M5 cabins have become M6 grade it seems, although the M5 price seems to has become more expensive.

Which 2006 brochures are we talking about??

I only received the 2006 QM2 brochure for her So America voyages.

And nothing special in there ... just a few publicity shots, and the same deck plan.

Perhaps I should ask my TA .... oh Mr 'H'!!

:D

Thought the 2005 brochure was a huge improvement, but 2006 is even better. Great photos and even more clear plans - the mezzanine accesses on QM2 shown properly for the first time (how many people miss those even onboard???).

Also noticed QM2 C grades moving about, with some C2's on Deck 5 becoming C1's (including the ones I have booked for Septmeber!!!!!) and most C1's on Deck 6 becoming C3's???? Big changes on the Inside Grades with a lot of downgrading plus new lower grades D7 and D8 - now the only D2's are on Decks 11 and 12 which, given that all insides have no view, beats the hell out of me why there should be so much differentiation???? Good if you like inside cabins I guess.

Ken

Also noticed QM2 C grades moving about, with some C2's on Deck 5 becoming C1's (including the ones I have booked for Septmeber!!!!!) and most C1's on Deck 6 becoming C3's???? Big changes on the Inside Grades with a lot of downgrading plus new lower grades D7 and D8 - now the only D2's are on Decks 11 and 12 which, given that all insides have no view, beats the hell out of me why there should be so much differentiation???? Good if you like inside cabins I guess.

Ken

Ken....

My head is spinning enough from this new confusion .....

Do you have to add 'more?'

:D

I ordered the UK brochure from the Cunard UK website, but I'm wondering if it will actually arrive here in the States. Are there cutaways of everything, from the tiny insides to the Grand Suites? Especially on QE2, as I could use them for my novel.

Thanks!

We like to have a fridge in our cabin and seem to remember that we always have on previous sailings in a C cabin. Although there is great emphasis on the provision of hair dryers, nowhere can I find any mention of fridges in the 06 brocheur. Have they ripped them all out.

David.

Archived