40% off jewelry on Carnival

princesstiffany

I just wanted to clarify that I am talking about the earrings with diamonds in the fine jewelry cases and not the costume jewelry. If the fine jewelry is what you find out in your department stores please let me know where you live. And if your local Macys carries a diamond and emerald necklace like another poster put up please let us all know!

Im just surprised with anyone of the user name of princesstiffany and wants fine jewels does not have her own charted ship? Sorry about your stock portfolio princess. Why wouldn't you just buy at Tiffany's? You must be taking the staff on a cruise as a cheap thank you?

I just wanted to clarify that I am talking about the earrings with diamonds in the fine jewelry cases and not the costume jewelry. If the fine jewelry is what you find out in your department stores please let me know where you live. And if your local Macys carries a diamond and emerald necklace like another poster put up please let us all know!

Most of the pieces on the ships are mass produced and not high quality. I am saying most, not all. The prices are seriously over-inflated. I stated my opinion as to the quality/price of the jewelery on board as you started 2 threads about it and I felt you were looking for people's honest opinions... As for where I live, you can see my location above. And yes, I have seen better quality at Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus. If you want good quality at a cheap price, you are better off going to a whole-saler stateside.

I don't think the avg. person can tell good from maybe not so good.That is why I don't buy a 10,000 dollar diamond. To me a 1,000 diamond looks just as good. I have bought a good bit of jewerly on the ship.I'm not much of the barder person. I have enjoyed everythink I have got from the ship and no one has ever said I can tell where you got it from. If you like it get it and enjoy

Im just surprised with anyone of the user name of princesstiffany and wants fine jewels does not have her own charted ship? Sorry about your stock portfolio princess. Why wouldn't you just buy at Tiffany's? You must be taking the staff on a cruise as a cheap thank you?

Wow- I will let my special needs niece who picked the name know your feelings. Oh wait- no I won't because that would just be nasty. I don't have a stock portfolio or a tiara. I have several precious children in my life- one of whom I wanted to buy matching earrings with on her first cruise. I am just asking for people's honest opinions from past experience.

Thank you everyone else though and any additional tips are welcome.

Wow, whats up with the nasty comment?????

Oh wow, just caught your post...you didn't mean for it to sound so mean-spirited, did you? I'm thinking you really just wanted to poke some fun, right?

My wife and I were on the Dream last week. We were looking at a blue diamond ring in the shop on the ship towards the end of the cruise. They used the calculator to take the 40% off. My wife was still undecided and he called a manager over and he took another 15%. The ring still seemed expensive, but we'd not done ay reaserch on prices...so we passed on it. The next night they had a sale on Invicta watches. I have about 6 of them, so I'm aware of their prices. While I was looking at the 40% sale an attendant was showing a man a automatic Invicta watch and she said the sale price was $130. He was undecided and kept looking. I told him that if he was really interested in it that Sam's Wholesale Club has the same exact watch for $89...needless to say he passed on it.

Is anyone else going to report that nasty post? I get so tir

Well I am still going to research and get my 17 yr old niece and I matching cruise earring.

But that post did hurt my feelings- sorry if that sounds lame. A few of my young nieces like to put oln home made plays about a character, Princess Tiffany, that they have made up and they take turns playing her. The post name wasn't supposed to be arrogant. It was because I felt like their character when I was finally going to take a first magical cruise.

Anyway I was thinking tanzanite studs for us- any thoughts?

DH has bought 2 Tag Heuer watches for himself on the last two cruises we have gone on. The last one was about $2500 and he priced it previously for $3000. There was no sales tax, of course, on the ship so we saved some money there too. The Citizen watch I bought was the same price that I could have gotten it for in a jewelry store but again.....no tax.

DH wishes they sold Rolex watches on the ship but I am glad they don't;)

I bought a Citizen eco-drive Skyhawk watch for $335 (USD with 40% taken off). I loved it and loved what it could do! I did some price checks at home and wow, I most certainly got an amazing deal! Most of the stores I went to listed it for sale at around $750-850 (Canadian). Even now the price of the Skyhawk watch has dropped to the $500 range almost four years later...Still got an amazing deal!

OP- you have a few nasty zingers you have posted. So toughen up a little.

That being said, we have found jewelry and watch shopping different on every cruise and at every port. I posted earlier that we had bought a pricey (at least for us- to others it might be nothing) ring onboard. We are very happy with that. I also bought a tiny pair of tanzanite post earrings the last night and even though I love them I think we got ripped off on the price.

We have been able to find Invicta watches almost 60 percent cheaper on Amazon. About 7 years ago I bought a solid gold cocqui frog bracelette in St Thomas for $400. I have been offered $2400 for it. It all just depends. I don't think I would do the tiny stud earrings on the ship again though.

Good luck to you and your niece. Hope you have fun!

Ok so maybe it came across as mean but also found the multiple jewelry post and then thought the above was a little demeaning to those trying to help. Me bad will go bad to my corner....sorry...not really a jerk...

Ok so maybe it came across as mean but also found the multiple jewelry post and then thought the above was a little demeaning to those trying to help. Me bad will go bad to my corner....sorry...not really a jerk...

Oh jeez I am so sorry for coming across the wrong way. I just don't know the right way to ask this I guess. I want to buy myself and one of my nieces a matching pair of earrings from the jewelry case. Nothing at all against all the other jewelry there. I just have seen very pretty earrings that you have to ask for help with. I am assuming those earrings are a bit nicer. I want to get her and I a nice set- unless I can only afford one pair and those will be hers. I'm just trying to find her the nicest thing I can afford for her graduation present (she is graduating a year early and I am so proud!) I posted wrong to begin with and should have left myself out of it.

My wife and I have bought several Citizens EcoDrive watches onboard. For months after our cruise (even during Holiday shopping) every store that sold our watches we went and and checked out the price. The closest any store got was $80 more.

Like others have said, have an idea of what you want and the price.

I agree.

The Citizen Eco-Drive watches can be a good buy. Just got in the latest Kohl's flyer. With the 20% off retail and the 30% off coupon the cost of a watch with tax matches Carnival's 40% off price.

Archived