Flight time in Galveston?

alonzo14

We are sailing out of Galveston at the end of January and have a 12:30 flight out. We are taking the Cruiseline ( Carnival) shuttle to HOU Hobby. I was wondering if we need to change to a later flight on Southwest Airlines or if this time is fine. Thanks!:)

We are sailing out of Galveston at the end of January and have a 12:30 flight out. We are taking the Cruiseline ( Carnival) shuttle to HOU Hobby. I was wondering if we need to change to a later flight on Southwest Airlines or if this time is fine. Thanks!:)

If the ship docks on time, you will probably be OK.However, fog is a know issue in Galveston in January, so you cannot count on docking on time. I would make it a later flight, but I have a husband whose idea of being on time is to be at least an hour early!

If the ship docks on time, you will probably be OK.However, fog is a know issue in Galveston in January, so you cannot count on docking on time. I would make it a later flight, but I have a husband whose idea of being on time is to be at least an hour early!

Thanks so much panoramaofthepast! My husband likes to be early too so we have something in common there! I'll change our flight to maybe 2:30 I suppose Justin case. I didn't want to sit around waiting when it's only a 55 minute to 1 hour flight. I certainly don't want to miss though...:eek:

• 1 month later...

You'd be flying into Love, so I would change flight to a little later. Lots of flights to choose from from HOU to LUV.

Did you ticket "Wanna Get Away"?

Just returned from Galveston yesterday (Carnival Magic). We were in debarkation group 7. We were off the ship by 9:00 AM and used CCL's transportation back to the airport. The ONLY negative is that they wait to fill up the bus before heading to the airport. We waited almost an hour before we left the port. No big deal for us since our flight wasn't until 3:50 PM. If you use self-assist debarkation you can be off much earlier and catch an earlier bus. Hope this helps! Galveston has GREATLY improved their embarkation/debarkation! We were stunned how fast it went. We didn't even have to get a boarding group number on embarkation day. Best embarkation we've ever had! We were on the Lido deck eating lunch at 11:30 AM. :)

Archived