What is a great souvenier from St. Thomas?

wakar13

Go to the small "Rum Factory" at Blackbeards Castle and try their rum-we were there in February and didn't buy any, and have regretted it ever since! My husband liked the Pineapple Rum mixed with the Spiced Rum as a shot, and I preferred the Mango Rum and the Coconut Rum - it is very smooth and you cannot buy it anywhere else!

Back in 2005-2006 I copied a walking map of St. Thomas from a link on CC. We always seem to take a tour, but this time I'm really thinking about exploring the town. We would be walking to Blackbeard's as part of our "trek" I will have to make sure that I try different rums! Jan

Can you get access to the Rum Factory and gift shop now without paying the fee to access the colonial homes? I didn't see the Rum Factory sign in it.'s usually place, so don't know how to go to the gift shop from outside the gate.

I am going to get the tickets through RCCL for paying the fee to the homes --- So I guess it will be part on our own and part having RCI do the ticket work:) I also will do the same for the sky ride as it is less expensive that way then to get the tickets at the skyride. (by $2 per person) Jan

Can you get access to the Rum Factory and gift shop now without paying the fee to access the colonial homes? I didn't see the Rum Factory sign in it.'s usually place, so don't know how to go to the gift shop from outside the gate.

I emailed them and asked this same question! Evidently you can! Here is the response I got from them -

Good Morning,

You can surely stop by on your next visit to buy some of our delicious rum. At the front entrance, you can communicate this to the tour guide and he will gladly accompany you to the rum shop to purchase the rum.

Thank you,

Blackbeard's Castle

• 1 month later...

On Nov 12th wrcjr98 responded with the following:

I emailed them and asked this same question! Evidently you can! Here is the response I got from them -

Good Morning,

You can surely stop by on your next visit to buy some of our delicious rum. At the front entrance, you can communicate this to the tour guide and he will gladly accompany you to the rum shop to purchase the rum.

Thank you,

Blackbeard's Castle

My experience was quite different than the response:

I live on St. Thomas and last week when I tried to go in to make a purchase I was greeted by a rude employee who did not seem the least bit interested in allowing someone to access the store only. On an island where politeness is regularly exhibited I was quite taken aback by the reception I got. I will not try again nor will I recommend it to my guests.

Archived