LAFFNVEGAS Live from the Dawn/1st Caribbean of the Season

LAFFNVEGAS

Let me know if this works if so I will do the rest later[ATTACH]252747[/ATTACH][ATTACH]252748[/ATTACH][ATTACH]252749[/ATTACH][ATTACH]252750[/ATTACH]

Not very well.

I upload my photos to Photobucket, then transfer them here so they are a larger and more readable picture.

Like this

IMG_0800.jpg

Saturday November 17, 2012

Good Evening from the Beautiful Dawn, and it is a rather bitter sweet farewell.

First off I have no idea where the week went, I almost feel like I was taken by a space ship time was taken away and now I have been thrown back here not remembering what I did. There were so many things I wanted to do this week yet never did it or got there. Would you believe I was never out by the pool, then the shocking thing was I never made it up to the spa. I am such a spa person but I just never found the time. Although I have been in the Star's Spa and absolutely love the Pearl's Spa. I truly felt at home here on the Dawn and I guess just got into a normal cruising routine which is why there were areas I just never got to.

It was a relaxing afternoon of reading, then we did have reservations for Moderno at 6. We really should not have waited till the last night because we probably would have eaten there another tine. I loved Moderno and the Salad Bar is definitely the best I have had. It would be a meal in itself. I would pay to come have lunch there for the Salad Bar. At $20 PP it is truly a bargain. After dinner we came up to our cabin and basically packed, it took about 20 minutes and we had things ready but we were meeting Kathy and Bob at Spinnakers for the Band Jump at 9pm doing Beatles songs. They were fantastic, they ended it with like Paul ends his concerts singing "Hey Jude" and everyone with their arms waving in the air. What a great way to end the last night on a perfect cruise. The other good thing about dining in Moderno is that that you also get entertained dining with who is performing in the atrium. Tonight was Patti and Jose'. After the Band Jump we did stick around to watch a little of Second City Comedy Unplugged before we headed back to the cabin. It looks like the night is still going strong here on the Dawn.

I want to thank all of you for following along on our week. Tom and I might not do the same things you like to do on a cruise but I hope that some of it reminded you of your cruise. Our next cruise is not till May when we will return to HAL Zuiderdam but more than likely we will be returning to NCL for a 2 week cruise in Fall 2013. We just need to narrow it down between Jade, or a couple of repositioning cruises including the Dawn's from Boston or possibly the Star.

Signing off one last time from the Beautiful Free Stylin Norwegian Dawn.

Thanks so much for the review, Lisa

Our tastes are similiar - would love to cruise with y;all someday

We are sailing on thw Dawn for NY yay !

Lisa,

Thanks to your review we have just booked a day at Maya Chan for our first NCL cruise in January 2014! Nothing like planning ahead, huh? :D

Susan

That is great Susan, you will love it!!, my husband now wanting to know when we can go back :)

Hi Lisa, great report. Since you are the original reason we started cruising NCL suite life. I have a question, we have only done the Jewel class ships Haven 2 bedrooms. Do you have any opinion of the new SD family balcony suite on the Dawn or should we stick to the 2 bedroom suite ( we know there is no Haven) we want to book for March. Any opinion you have would be welcome. We are not aft people so those are my 2 choices. Thanks

Andrea

Hi Lisa, great report. Since you are the original reason we started cruising NCL suite life. I have a question, we have only done the Jewel class ships Haven 2 bedrooms. Do you have any opinion of the new SD family balcony suite on the Dawn or should we stick to the 2 bedroom suite ( we know there is no Haven) we want to book for March. Any opinion you have would be welcome. We are not aft people so those are my 2 choices. Thanks

Andrea

Hi Andrea, just my opinion I think you might be better with the two bedroom family suite because there is a lot more sq ft than what the SD cabins have, they are basically the very close to the same size as the SF that we stayed in on the aft and the SE. The only thing is that the new SD cabins do have a bit larger balcony than the 2 Bedroom Suites category SC. But the biggest difference is pricing the SD does a a much lower price point the jump in prices starts at the SC. If there is just two of you then the SD would be fine but more than two I would go to the SC :)

Hi Andrea, just my opinion I think you might be better with the two bedroom family suite because there is a lot more sq ft than what the SD cabins have, they are basically the very close to the same size as the SF that we stayed in on the aft and the SE. The only thing is that the new SD cabins do have a bit larger balcony than the 2 Bedroom Suites category SC. But the biggest difference is pricing the SD does a a much lower price point the jump in prices starts at the SC. If there is just two of you then the SD would be fine but more than two I would go to the SC :)

The price is not much difference, it is just the two of us, I have just read mixed reviews about the location of the SD and do trust your cruise advice!

Andrea

The price is not much difference, it is just the two of us, I have just read mixed reviews about the location of the SD and do trust your cruise advice!

Andrea

Well location is not much deifference one is on deck 11 the other 12 all forward :) Although because those SD's are wider it may may them feel bigger and with the bigger balcony definitely might be worth trying.

Well location is not much deifference one is on deck 11 the other 12 all forward :) Although because those SD's are wider it may may them feel bigger and with the bigger balcony definitely might be worth trying.

One last question you are the best by the way is it true the SD balcony is not covered?

One last question you are the best by the way is it true the SD balcony is not covered?

No, the SD cabins on Deck 12 are definitely not covered, they are wide open. I will try to work on my photos later tonight and post some of the pic of the ship :)

Archived