Am I making a mistake (RE: jeans)?

reginaphalange

I have cruised from Galveston before in January and been happy to have jeans on the last sea day since a cold front blew into the gulf and it was cold. You never know with Galveston in the winter months, it can be hot and it can be cold.

I have cruised from Galveston before in January and been happy to have jeans on the last sea day since a cold front blew into the gulf and it was cold. You never know with Galveston in the winter months, it can be hot and it can be cold.

We hit 40's in Galveston in December too; but, I still probably wouldn't bring jeans. I usually have some yoga or sweat pants or khakis along.

• 2 weeks later...

Since our next cruise is at the end of December and we will be driving to NOLA, I'll be traveling in jeans. I know a lot of people who think jeans are not comfy but scoff at those who find dressy clothes uncomfortable. Both my jeans and dressy clothes are comfy. I've been on more than a couple of cruises out of the gulf, and more times than not, the day of disembarkation was much cooler than many anticipated and they would have paid big bucks if the gift shops opened so they could buy those sweatshirts. If you cruise RCCL and plan on ice skating, you have to have full-length pants and socks to skate.

I'll wear them down, I'll wear them to disembark, but probably not around the ship in the Caribbean.

I wear jeans for my travel days. When flying (and I know people don't want to think about this), I dress conscientiously for egressing and what will protect and not melt to my skin. That includes sensible footwear.

We have a friend who works for the FAA. He helps investigate incidences with aircraft. He says you should always wear natural fibers, such as cotton and flat, sensible shoes when flying. For the reasons you mentioned. He and his wife always travel in jeans and leather shoes.

I have met a couple of people who don't wear jeans ever and for some weird reason they think they're not "classy". Seriously? I wear them all the time. I also travel in them and only wear them if the weather is cold on vacation.

I've worn blue jean capri length pants, but never worn the long jeans on the cruise itself -

What about white jeans and a nice top in the MDR? I wear these all the time in the summer. Here ( Jersey, PA) they are very acceptable for any dinner.

Thanks

Roberta

6/2 I've worn nice white (and unfaded black) jeans with nice tops in MDR and other venues. Cute flats and suitable jewelry and probably no one notices they're jeans.

As far as travel, I agree with BND. I always travel in jeans for the convenient pockets. Sometimes walking shoes, sometimes Keen sandals (with heel strap for security) but never light-weight or dressy shoes for flying.

Archived