transportation from Airport to SanJuan dock

Can't give you the price, but I'm confident there are multiple ways to get to the pier easy enough. We came in the day before and used RCCL for the transfers. Why not check with them even if you booked your own air?

I'm thinking you would need more than 2 taxis for 10 people, unless you don't have any luggage. Most taxi's only hold 3 large bags, 4 max. We've never been able to get more than 3 people in 1 taxi with luggage.

When you get to the baggage claim, you claim your bags, and walk out of that area toward the garage. You'll see the line of people going to the gazeebo where they dispatch the taxi drivers.

They had a van, but from the looks of that van, I can't imagine more than 5 people plus luggage fitting into those vans! I do believe it was $20 per vehicle, because Naren and I were all alone in our taxi, and we were charged $20 for the 20 minute trip!

Your trip might not take as long because we had a spot of traffic on our way to the Pan American Pier.

Hope this helps. :D

Do yourself a favor....go to nearest bookstore and buy " Frommers - Caribbean Ports of Call" I paid $16.99 for mine but worth every penny. Has every port you could cruise into and ooodles of info on each. Says airport is 7-1/2 miles from the port. Taxi fares are fixed and should run $16.00 to the port. Ride takes at least 30 minutes -longer if traffic is heavy and it often is.

Don't know when or on what cruise ship (itinerary) but you will find this book helpful. I have mine marked with post-it markers for each port we will be cruising to in Nov. It has helped me immensely planning excursions etc.

Hope this helps and have a great cruise!

Archived