Eastern carribean after Epic TA

GUEST080219

I am looking at the Epic TA from Barcelona to Miami next year. For those from the US the natural combination is with a prior med cruise on the Epic. As I have done that already I would rather add the eastern carribean cruise on the Epic directly starting after that. Some pros and cons that came to my mind any input, especially if it is worth that, would be great:

pros:

- easiest way to ever visit this area (I would probably never pay airfare just to cruise in the carribean)

- more days on a cruise ship are always good

- a carribean cruise will have a different vibe and different cruisers than a TA

cons:

- pretty expensive for just doing it in lack of better alternatives

- just two new ports as we have docked in St. Thomas during the TA already

- early November can still be hurricane season

- same entertainment, same food for another 7 days

At the moment I would flip a coin, something I missed? :)

The only other cruise starting shortly after arriving in Miami seems to be a four day bahamas on the Sky that does not look more interesting.

Although some will disagree, I would get really sick of the same menus and ship after a TA and another 7-night cruise. I booked the Eastern Caribbean itinerary and am not looking forward to Nassau again at all - awful port. I've heard decent things about St. Martin and St. Thomas, but nothing spectacular outside of nice beaches.

Why not look for another ship/cruise line that leaves Miami to do the Caribbean portion? At least you will get a change in the ship. If you sail another NCL ship, the menus will be the same again though. I've taken 3 NCL sailings and am already tired of their dinner menus. Just my 2 cents though...

I am looking at the Epic TA from Barcelona to Miami next year. For those from the US the natural combination is with a prior med cruise on the Epic. As I have done that already I would rather add the eastern carribean cruise on the Epic directly starting after that. Some pros and cons that came to my mind any input, especially if it is worth that, would be great:

pros:

- easiest way to ever visit this area (I would probably never pay airfare just to cruise in the carribean)

- more days on a cruise ship are always good

- a carribean cruise will have a different vibe and different cruisers

cons:

- pretty expensive for just doing it in lack of better alternatives

- just two new ports as we have docked in St. Thomas during the TA already

- early November can still be hurricane season

- same entertainment, same food for another 7 days

At the moment I would flip a coin, something I missed? :)

The only other cruise starting shortly after arriving in Miami seems to be a four day bahamas on the Sky that does not look more interesting.

We have just returned from the Barcelona to Miami transatlantic crossing for this year and it was absoulutely fabulous,we had a ball.There is so much to do onboard and the food is truly amazing,the food in the two main restaurants is top notch and there are so many speciality restaurants for a nominal surcharge you are spoilt for choice and we didnt even have time to eat our main meal at night in the buffet as we usually like to experiance at least once during a cruise.

We cruised with another couple who stayed in Miami after the cruise they said they wished they had stayed on and cruised round the carribean as Miami was so expensive.

In the next few days I will submit a more detailed review on the Epic Reviews page so watch out for it

I noticed that you are from Germany so you may not be familiar with the area around Miami. When looking for follow-on cruises check out the port of Fort Lauderdale. That is another huge cruise port and it is very close to Miami. That would give you lots more options.

As much as I love Epic I would not want to be on her for 20 days straight.

Cheers.

"easiest way to ever visit this area (I would probably never pay airfare just to cruise in the carribean)"

I think this "pro" you posted is the best reason to do it. If another 7 days on the Epic feels like too much, as another poster suggested, you can always look for another cruise out of Miami.

I think it is a great way to get the most out of your trip!

Thank you all for your feedback, although I had hoped to get more motivating and not sceptical posts :)

Especially thank your for reminding me of other cruiselines and Fort Lauderdale. As stupid as it sounds I had completely ignored that.

When the prices, especially for the Oasis of the Seas, come down during the next two months I might consider it.

Archived