Regular cruisier trying rcl for the first time

dmart82

Have always cruised NCL and Carnival but decided to try RCL this time. My question is we always put cash down for our ship board account and does RCL also let you do this? And if they do, can i put the money on the account when we get on the ship or Do we have to send money into RCL before we get to the departure port.

Have always cruised NCL and Carnival but decided to try RCL this time. My question is we always put cash down for our ship board account and does RCL also let you do this? And if they do, can i put the money on the account when we get on the ship or Do we have to send money into RCL before we get to the departure port.

You can do either. You can purchase onboard credits before your sailing over the phone (using credit card), or you can put cash directly onto your account.

Royal does not require up front cash. You can select a cash account during your online check-in, and be able to charge to your SeaPass (onboard account) without any cash deposit. Royal will allow you to charge something like $500 because they require you to pay down the account.

Royal does not require up front cash. You can select a cash account during your online check-in, and be able to charge to your SeaPass (onboard account) without any cash deposit. Royal will allow you to charge something like $500 because they require you to pay down the account.

I concur with clarea. We have done this twice now on the Freedom. Just select cash in the online check in and once you are on board you can charge up to $500 before you have to see guest services to pay down and put more money on the account.

If you are settling with cash at the end of the cruise please heed the advice of many on these boards and go to guest services the last evening because departure morning has killer waiting lines.

Archived