$79 for 7 days of Specialty Dining

Gregor4500

I found this info on NCL.com. At least for the Trio, it appears it is available on all dates

except during Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings.

Not sure about the $79 package

Specialty Dining Package-The Signature Trio Exclusions

Signature Trio dining packages are not available during Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings.

Specific sail dates for the 2012 season include:

America12/22 and 12/29

Dawn12/23 and 12/30

Epic12/22 and 12/29

Gem12/22 and 12/31

Jade12/23

Jewel12/23 and 12/30

Pearl12/23 and 12/31

Sky12/24 and 12/31

Spirit12/21 and 12/30

Star12/23 and 12/30

Sun12/16 and 12/26

The Signature Trio package is only available online, and does not apply to group dining requests with party sizes larger than eight guests.

The Signature Trio package inclusive of a bottle of house wine for a reservation on embarkation evening is only available online. Onboard reservation changes will not qualify for the bottle of wine. One bottle of house red or white wine per 4 guests. A party of 5-8 guests will receive 2 bottles of house red or white wine. Offer not available on Pride of America.

I am on the Gem dec 22nd and I can book the 3 for $52. Maybe the other one will not be working on that.

Exclusive Offer: Book Cagney’s, La Cucina & Le Bistro for $52.*

Note: Bundle Cagney's Steakhouse, Le Bistro and La Cucina for an exclusive online cover charge.* Plus, dine on embarkation night and receive one free bottle of house wine.

I called my PCC about it and he had not heard of it before, so went to this thread and the link to the pics of it and came to the conclusion that it is up to the CD if its offered on any one cruise or not....he did look on here while I was on the phone whith him...So, I guess its the luck of the draw if it is avalible or not...:(

Well, I guess I'll just wait and see. Only 10 days to go.

If NCL does roll this out fleet wide I'd be shocked if the price stayed at $79.

The only down side I can see is the pay restaurants being almost as busy as the MDR. Which could cause the service to suffer. Which is one of the reasons we go there in the first place.

Well, I guess I'll just wait and see. Only 10 days to go.

If NCL does roll this out fleet wide I'd be shocked if the price stayed at $79.

The only down side I can see is the pay restaurants being almost as busy as the MDR. Which could cause the service to suffer. Which is one of the reasons we go there in the first place.

But if the number of diners were spread out over all the different venues, the service quality in the MDR will improve because there will be less people.

NCL, however, should limit the $79 plan to just one restaurant of your choice per night. If not you will have people visiting every paid restaurant every night and ordering a bunch of stuff only to take a bite on each dish. NCL also need to limit the number of meal plans sold so as to ensure people can still get reservations. A $79 for seven nights plan is worthless if the restaurants are booked solid every night by 1000 other guests all holding the same meal package.

But if the number of diners were spread out over all the different venues, the service quality in the MDR will improve because there will be less people.

NCL, however, should limit the $79 plan to just one restaurant of your choice per night. If not you will have people visiting every paid restaurant every night and ordering a bunch of stuff only to take a bite on each dish. NCL also need to limit the number of meal plans sold so as to ensure people can still get reservations. A $79 for seven nights plan is worthless if the restaurants are booked solid every night by 1000 other guests all holding the same meal package.

I agree with everything you said. But I think instead of limiting, they will increase the price so only a limited amount of guest will purchase them.

Am I reading this correctly - you believe people will eat dinner in more than one venue per night? Oh lordy, I have trouble finishing one dinner! I could see them limiting the restaurant choices to 6 different venues for 6 nights otherwise, wouldn't many pick Cagneys or Bistro every night as they are the most expensive? I think someone posted above that they did eat at Cagney's every night but one.

Isn't the trio for $52 only saving $3.00 anyway? That isn't a deal to me.

Here are the new prices:

Bistro 20

Cagney: 25

La Cuccina:15

If I add up well, this makes 60$ so a 8$ saving pp but still not enough for me to book my meals in advance (I prefer to check the Freestyle Daily prior to decide at what time I want to eat that night).

I hope NCL will honnor the discontinued coupons (buy for 3 get 1 person free), I have a few of them so our group of 5 will take advantage of it (one coupon per person).

Agreed. This would ruin the specialty dining experience for us. I love the fact that they are almost never crowded, and am willing to pay the premium for that. Three cruises - we never once ate in either main dining room. We keep meaning to try it, then see the crowd at the door, and go to a specialty instead and sit right down.

Am I reading this correctly - you believe people will eat dinner in more than one venue per night? Oh lordy, I have trouble finishing one dinner! I could see them limiting the restaurant choices to 6 different venues for 6 nights otherwise, wouldn't many pick Cagneys or Bistro every night as they are the most expensive? I think someone posted above that they did eat at Cagney's every night but one.

But you finish your order and don't let the food go to waste. If one is allowed to use the meal plan multiple time on the same night in different restaurants, I am sure someone will try to order every dish and just take a bite, then move on and do the same in another restaurant.

The 52 dollar deal for Cagney's, La Cucina and Le Bistro started out at 49 dollars, than NCL raised the upcharge on La Cucina from 10 to 15, and it promptly raised the package price from 49 to 52. So NCL is now claiming you get a bigger discount even though you are actually paying more. I hate to say it, but it is an underhanded tactic in my opinion as I don't see any basis to jstify a 50 percent increase in price for La Cucina.

Agreed. This would ruin the specialty dining experience for us. I love the fact that they are almost never crowded, and am willing to pay the premium for that. Three cruises - we never once ate in either main dining room. We keep meaning to try it, then see the crowd at the door, and go to a specialty instead and sit right down.

I agree- We also rarely eat in the MDR. I would be disappointed to see the speciality restaurants get really busy.

I agree- We also rarely eat in the MDR. I would be disappointed to see the speciality restaurants get really busy.

Exactly, but NCL knows enough to raise the price enough to get the balance they want. I used to buy the "Honeymoon package" when it was $79. Now, I'm not sure of the price but I think it doubled.

The problem with any $xx for 6 package is it undermines the platinum meal for 2 benifit on shorter cruises.

A platinum couple allready has 2 nights covered for Bistro or Moderno so on a 7 night cruise they loose out.

Not sure what the solution is to increase usage of the specialities on slow cruises but anything that does not give the loyal cruiser full value needs carefull thought.

I found this info on NCL.com. At least for the Trio, it appears it is available on all dates

except during Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings.

Not sure about the $79 package

Specialty Dining Package-The Signature Trio Exclusions

Signature Trio dining packages are not available during Christmas and New Year’s Eve sailings.

Specific sail dates for the 2012 season include:

America12/22 and 12/29

Dawn12/23 and 12/30

Epic12/22 and 12/29

Gem12/22 and 12/31

Jade12/23

Jewel12/23 and 12/30

Pearl12/23 and 12/31

Sky12/24 and 12/31

Spirit12/21 and 12/30

Star12/23 and 12/30

Sun12/16 and 12/26

The Signature Trio package is only available online, and does not apply to group dining requests with party sizes larger than eight guests.

The Signature Trio package inclusive of a bottle of house wine for a reservation on embarkation evening is only available online. Onboard reservation changes will not qualify for the bottle of wine. One bottle of house red or white wine per 4 guests. A party of 5-8 guests will receive 2 bottles of house red or white wine. Offer not available on Pride of America.

Well I just purchased it last night for New Year's on the Jewel.

Archived