Why do you like Celebrity?

dmen131

Please tell me why you prefer to sail on Celebrity.

I am currently deciding between Oosterdam; Sapphire Princess; Norwegian Spirit; and Infinity to Alaska (group of 5 DH and I, almost 30; my parents in their early 60's and newly widowed Aunt in her late 50's).

My previous cruise experience includes:
-Crystal (LOVED it)
-Celebrity (liked it a lot)
-Princess (liked it)
-Carnival (did not like it)

I'd love to hear your opinions on what makes this line special!

Thank you

What I like about X...

The style...low key, no glitter, quiet bars, soft music, few general announcements.

The food...very good, fresh prepared, excellant servers, good wine list.

The ships...H & C class are large without being mega-liners, the cabins are roomy, the space ratio excellant, the public areas roomy. The ships are fanatically cleaned and maintained.

The staff...warm, friendly and professional, NOT perky (I hate perky).

The price...great value for such a fine product.

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04
Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

**email mrtnb(at)efni(dot)com

I second Danno!!!!!!!

We also love the non-intrusive nature of Celebrity. The PAX are also nicer than other lines.

We enjoy the t-pools, specialty restaurants, and excellent entertainment in a quiet stting like Michael's.

Ron

I also agree with Danno and Cruise Forever.

Celebrity is just a cut above the rest of the other cruiselines (the ones I can afford to go on that is). It's classy and just a great product.

I would take Infinity to Alaska in a hearbeat. I just got off her April 25 and I love that ship and her crew. We are probably going to do that next July/August 2005.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;14;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until Celebrity Zenith - NYC to Bermuda

Big Red Boat II – New York to Canada/New England, August 2000
Regal Empress – New York to Canada/New England, August 2001
Millennium – 10 Night Southern Caribbean, August 2002
Millennium – 13 Night Mediterranean, August 2003
Infinity – 7 Night Eastern Caribbean, April 2004
Zenith - 7 Night NYC to Bermuda, August 2004

I'd go with the above posters too. I also like the way you can always seem to find a place inside or outside that is peaceful. There seem to be lots of nooks and crannies to find, even on the smaller C-Class ships.

I also like the art work. Some don't, but I find it thought provoking (how diplomatic was that? [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img])

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002
Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston
13th November 2004

<center>
<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/logos/time98.gif[/img]</center>

One word: Coupons!

This ship 10/91
That ship 11/95
Whatever ship 12/98
here a ship 13/99
there a ship 14/00
everywhere
a
ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Coupons? Are thy the ones I have on E-Bay?

phil

galaxy trans Atlantic
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;9;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100[/img]

mercury
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

I like it when the "Red Line" the first cruise I ever booked with them. Lack of communication is a good thing [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Few if any children running the halls at 1:00 a.m. or doing cannonballs in the pool.

I'd have to say the best part of a Celebrity cruise is the staff. I have been on 7 cruises and it is far and away the best.

Looking at the Summitt Oct 2004, 10 day.

Bill

For me, I think it's Celebrity's attention to detail. Everyone on board treats you like, well, a celebrity. Seriously, the food is awesome everywhere on the ship, from the grill to the specialty restaurants.

It's things like tea time in the afternoon with awesome finger sandwiches and treats. It's like the sushi bar on the aft deck, which is a fabulous place to cruise from the port (imagine eating sushi, drinking a glass of champagne as the sun sets and you're drifting ever so slowly away from Antigua...ahhhh).

It's the unexpected, and wonderfully healthy, spa cuisine. It's the polished brass all over the ship. It's the stateroom attendants who exceed your expectations.

It's the thalassotherapy pool with no kids allowed (a great escape for us parents). It's the kids' programs that leave them wanting more.

It's the understated elegance without snobbery. It's the absolute joy you feel sitting on your balcony in the morning, drinking coffee as the ship pulls into yet another exciting port.

hmmm.
There are so many more things. That's why my first choice these days is Celebrity. Having sailed on Carnival, there is truly no comparison. On Celebrity, I feel like I'm in heaven.

After sailing with Princess, Celebrity and Hal in that order, I like Celebrity best. The line reminds me of how Princess use to be when we took are first cruise in 1985; great food and a refine cruise. Celebrity ships are immaculate and the crew is wonderfu. By the time we left Mercury we knew all about the lives of our waiter and assistant. In fact the assistant waiter invited us to Jamaica to visit his family and that was 3 years ago.

ninafromct,
that is exactly why i posted on different boards!!!! thank you for your honesty.

i've never heard anything negative about NCL, but i had suspicions especially given the pricing differential. i think given the different itinerary, lack of info on the Spirit, and candid responses, it is now between celebrity, hal and princess.

i was on celebrity awhile ago and remember loving it, but it's been a few years, and was concerned that maybe there has been some slippage. good to know there hasn't been. and i love hearing all the positive reviews!

thanks again to all of you!!!

Hi everyone has anyone been on celb.summit and infinity i am booked with summit for 05 but was wondering about infinity.they seem so similer,also i was sch.to sailon ncl crown and made the change to rc after reading all those not so good reveiws. thanks

We like Celebrity because its service is great. Everyone on board makes you feel special for the time you are on board. The staff is always friendly and always ready to try and do anything for you. The food is good and the desserts are wonderful. We have traveled on Princess, HAL, Royal Carribean,Carnival and the best is Celebrity. We went to Alaska 2 summers ago. We stayed in the Celebrity Suite. We were treated really special. I think you will love the ship. Pat

The only problem is you become Celebrity addicted. I have not been able to bring myself to book anything else. I have been on about 12 or so and I loved everyone. I can't wait to go again this fall!

dmen,

You probably haven't read all the negative reviews about NCL because as I've said, they tend to get deleted when the strident NCL supporters come out in force and harass the detractors. If you want the details of our cruise, check out the threads titled both Sky, April 18th the good the bad and the ugly. The good and bad portions are still on the NCL boards, the ugly was deleted. Suffice it to say the ugly involved my sister calling housekeeping 5 times for a crib only to receive a brolen one, with a jagged, exposed edge that could have resulted in serious injury to my 8 month old nephew. They ran out of cribs and that was the only one left.

Also, the waitress burst into tears after 2 of her other tables literally got up and walked out of the dining room after deciding that 2 hours was more than long enough to wait for BREAKFAST. Just a bad scene all around.

Be very careful and very wary of NCL. I understand that the Dawn cruisers have been very happy and that ship seems to get good reviews, but poke around on older threads, especially on recent Sky and Crown reviews, the Crown had a dreadful cruise recently, and there are links to newspaper articles telling of the problems.

You're smart to do this kind of research, but I have to say that if you enjoyed Crystel and Celebrity, you will not be satisfied with NCL. The level of service is in a totally different category, and the buffet is just awful.

I must agree with those prior to my post.

Celebrity offers an outstanding CONSISTENT product in all categories: SERVICE, Food, Facilities, Entertainment..

They are focused on QUALITY and CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

My wife and I have cruised many times and have found that HAL and Celebrity are very close .
However, I must say that Celebrity has more of a vitality and enthusiasm. IT is one of those characteristics that is hard to describe but you know it when you experience it..

I am often asked by many people who are wanting to take their first cruise which line should we pick and and I always respond "if you want quality at a reasonable value- take Celebrity".

Ken
Dolphin,Song of Norway(2),Soverign of Seas(2), Norway,Seaward,Monarch of the Seas,Zenith,Veendam,Century, Destiny,Nordic Empress, Horizon,Ryndam,Voyager of Seas,Noweigan Sky,Zaandam, Millenium,Zuiderdam,Summit.

I also agree on the Celebrity service, food & overall product!

No one really mentioned the M class ships as being so nice and the original poster asked specifically about the Infinity! We have sailed the different class ships of Celebrity and find we love the ZM class the best. The size is not that of the mega liners, but more than large enough, the pools are fantastic, the different dining choices are fantastic, they have the Specialty restaurants and the spa cafe's! We also like the cabin selections on board the M's better too.

My choice if itin's were all equal would always be Celebrity, hands down!

Rosie
E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

Friends and family keep asking us why we sail only on X,,don't have to point all the wonderful things to my fellow cc's..Our motto is "if it's not broke,don't try to fix it"...We are sailing our ninth cruise with X in Jan.05 and still get so excited as the day gets closer..We now prefer the M class, Zenith and Horizon and both great also, but give us the balcony!!!On the Summit last Dec. we had the best cabin steward ever and hope he still there, we booked the same cabin.....Happy Sailing!!!!

Thank you all again. You've been very helpful. It is nice to hear so many positive things. Celebrity certainly sounds wonderful and as I remember. Good to hear things haven't slipped on board. But I can say that the Holland America supporters love their cruises as much. We're not going until September so we'll have some time to mull over all the great advice.

I've heard nothing but good things about Celebrity. My in-laws went on a 9 day cruise of theirs recently, and raved about it.

My next cruise is on NCL, and we're very excited. Someone (her name was Nita) had the same complaint as Weeburn up there about their sister receiving a broken crib too (amazing, 2 different posters - each with a sister with the same problem), but I tend to look for the good in my vacations, and have only had great cruising experiences. I'm sure you'll have the same on Celebrity. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Actually AMichelle: it was NINAfromct who has an illegal (against the rules) alter ID - Weeburn - which she was using to backup her Ninafromct id on the NCL board. The posts in question have been deleted from that board.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;2;1;23;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Until NCL SKY

So far I like the people I have met on these boards.

John

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;18;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

September Centurian

Century Sept 18 2004
@[smiley: Tropical Island: [16/16_6_13]]

Archived