TAM airlines

wailea4me

They're fine. Decent service. Ontime (for my flights). No more or less baggage problems to Brazil than any other airline. Same space/legroom more or less than any other. (I can't sleep well sitting up anyway.) It's a long and not so easy flight any way you do it, IMO, and with whichever carrier, but the reward is at the dream at the end......Braziiiiiiiiiil.... Brazilian beaches lined with palm trees......... :-)

We enjoyed our flight as much as you can with a 13 overnight flight. The crew was great and ours was not an easy flight as we had 150 15 year old girls on our flight. Yes I did not make a mistake there were 150 15 year old girls. They had been to the US for their quensinar (most likely misspelled). The crew made sure they did not both us. Would fligh with them again.

Evelyn

Your question is quite general, to put it mildly. What route? That determines the type of plane, number of stops, etc. Economy, business or first? What in the way of experience do you want to know about? I've flown TAM for years, though mainly within Brazil. Have flown them from the U.S. only on the Miami-Manaus route. All in all, a reputable airine with service at elast as good as what you'll find on other carriers. I wouldn't hestitate to fly them. You used to get meals on even short domestic flights, but now "lucky" if you gt a foil-wrapped ham and cheese sandwich and some cookies. Usually get free beer but not always. TAM is in the Star Alliance, but most seem to feel they'll eventually switch to Oneworld as a result of the merger with LAN.

• 2 weeks later...

I have flown TAM internationally ( from Brazil to Peru , Miami , London and Paris) in business and economy. I have also flown domestically to innumerous destinations.

I like TAM. Generally , they are on time , the service is friendly and the planes are generally new ( going to Miami on time , I did fly on an old 767 .. It will be retired soon). I would choose it over most American carriers.

My favorite South American carrier is LAN , but TAM a good second choice.

Kim

Archived