Cheapo Fares

AstroExeter

Just seen on the new Cunard website. Our crossing on 15th Dec has been cut dramatically. http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/QM/26-M230-SOU1-NYC1/

£269 :eek: Feel cheated now! :(

That fare doesn't include the flight back I understand? (additional cost to get home).

And if you try to book the combined sea/air package at £499 you are told that there are no seats left on flights on the 22nd, you have to stay a night (additional cost) and fly back on the 23rd to get the £499 return.

So pay for a hotel in New York (just before Christmas :eek:) or pay for a separate flight back (just before Christmas :eek:)

Bon Voyage, hope you have a great time on QM2! I think you got the better deal!

We are not coming back right away. Visiting our son in Mystic CT and back on the Jan 3rd crossing so it would have been cheaper for us.
Ah! sorry! :o .

Still, you KNOW you'll get to spend Christmas with your son, rather than leave it to chance (says he trying to look on the bright side :) ).

And I presume you got to choose your cabin? (still trying to think of more good points to booking early :) ).

Bon Voyage! :) .

Here in the US I discoverd after clunking through the new search engine the two remaining Westbound crossings this season are down to $549; the two Eastbound, $599. Had to enter my CWC number to show these rates. Solo fares now a full 200%--$1098 is actually a slight increase over the solo "flash rates" earlier when double occupancy was $649. (And I have still yet to get my head around why Eastbound crossings are consistently more expensive than Westbound when you are actually onboard ten fewer hours)

But for US passengers the flash rates preclude us from booking air through Cunard. I am intrigued by the December 15 crossing, but a quick search reveals that air home from New York to Florida the weekend before Christmas is barely a night's bar tab less than the air from Florida to London nine days prior. But the likely small amount of cabins set aside for US bookings at $549 p/p (or even $1098 solo) will surely be gone in a few days. Decision time for me.

Have you tried calling your TA to see if perhaps he/she can get you an upgrade because of the now lower fare?

If you don't ask, you won't get. OBC is another option. I've learned to avoid looking at prices once I've made final payment. As someone else on the board has said, if you are happy with the price you paid be happy with the voyage. You can always find someone who got a better deal but why bother?

Just seen on the new Cunard website. Our crossing on 15th Dec has been cut dramatically. http://www.cunard.co.uk/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/QM/26-M230-SOU1-NYC1/

£269 :eek:

Feel cheated now! :(

I have never understood this, were you happy with the price when you booked? if so, why do you feel cheated? would you be happy to pay more to Cunard (or any company) if the price went the other way and went up, would you be ringing them to pay the extra money, no I don't think so.

Never look at the price once you have paid for something, there will always always be someone who got it cheaper (or so they say) or a company selling it for cheaper! instead think how fab I am going on a great trip!

Come on guys and gals,

A touch of sympathy, a touch of understanding costs nothing.

No one likes a smart posterior.... a touch of understanding costs us nothing.

mallorcasaint,

Get a life, get over it :D:D;);) nudge, nudge, wink wink.

Good luck and fair seas with your cruise and hopefully you will be attending some excellent lectures during your time afloat.

Apologies for my sense of humour

Archived