Where will the crib go?

Barnes11

We are sailing on the Dream in three weeks, and we will be using a crib provided by Carnival for our 2 year old. We have an oceanview stateroom. It doesn't seem like there is much floor space for a crib. Do they take out the couch? Also, we got a call for an upgrade to a balcony, but I am hesitant about the balcony with a 2 and 4 year old. Also, our current room has slightly more square footage than the balcony. Any insight would be appreciated.

get the balcony!!!

This way you and dh can chill on the balcony while lo sleeps, after bedtime and naptime.

Unless you like going to be bed at 8pm. Room service, mp3 player, a book/dvd, dh on the balcony.

We used the balcony even before dd. I know I'll use it with her. (But I don't like people, so I like hanging out on the balcony with a book or with dh.)

I don't know about the crib. Dd doesn't sleep in one (14 months)

I was on a past cruise (on the DREAM ACTUALLY) We had a Balcony .....

My cabin mate unexpectedly needed to have a scooter. I was told that the couches are not removeable and are actually BUILT inside the cabin. We did manage to have the couch used as a bed and the room stewart removed one of the beds for us.

Although the couches are comfortable as beds we requested they replace the cushions with the matress from the bed they removed and it was PERFECT! Request this.

Then slide the 2nd bed across the far wall just under the window. You should have enough room for a crib, since we had enough room to turn the scooter around.

:)

The cribs Carnival supplies are very small... My small 15 month old was cramped in it. I suggest bringing your own pack n play or a small travel bed for the 2 year old. I put the crib right against the couch- there is room, but it will be tight!

Get a balcony, the doors are self-closing and the railing is 4' high. Even standing on furniture next to the railing your child wouldn't be able to catapult themselves off of the balcony. (I don't think any cruise line has ever lost a child.

You need some Mommy and Daddy time and what better way then put them down for a nap and you do the patio.

And the difference in square footage won't be apparent to you.

get the balcony. The kids are not going anywhere while on the balcony- the railing is too high and you will be out there with them so they will not be climbing.

put the pack and play by the sofa-- that way the other one will not roll out of bed

Archived