Airplane Schedule

seashinesunshine

Hi All

Some of us on our roll call are planning to go to Maho to watch the airplanes. Does anyone know of a link to a sight that has the flight schedule? I know that the bigger ones come in in the afternoon, but a few years ago, I did see a site somewhere that has the schedule, it was only a few days in advance, but we can always check it a few days before we go.

We are headed there the middle of January.

Thanks for any info!

Hi All

Some of us on our roll call are planning to go to Maho to watch the airplanes. Does anyone know of a link to a sight that has the flight schedule? I know that the bigger ones come in in the afternoon, but a few years ago, I did see a site somewhere that has the schedule, it was only a few days in advance, but we can always check it a few days before we go.

We are headed there the middle of January.

Thanks for any info!

The tour guide Joyce Prince has the daily schedule on her website. If you check it on your day of the week a week or two before your day in St. Maarten you will get a good idea of what planes will most likely be in on that day.

http://www.joyceprince.com/

• 2 months later...
How do I find flights for a day in March? The link on Joyce site only lists the current day. Am I missing something :)

The only way to do it well in advance that I'm aware of, is to look at the major airline schedules that serve St. Martin. You'll have to go to each airlines website (to their schedule page) and plug in the date and SXM as the destination and see what they have.

These are the lines that fly bigger jets into SXM: Air France via Paris, United via Newark, Jet Blue and American via JFK, US Airways via Philly, KLM via Amsterdam.

Flightstats.com is another resource, but only provides data for 4-5 days from the current date.

How do I find flights for a day in March? The link on Joyce site only lists the current day. Am I missing something :)

Check Joyce's site for your day of the week for a few weeks prior to your visit this should give you an idea of what time you will want to plan to be at Maho.

This website is very helpful. You can adjust the date and time to see what flights are due in, so if you know what day of the week you will be there, you can figure out the general schedule for that weekday; it should be about the same as when you are there. But I would recheck a week or two before you leave just to be sure schedules haven't changed.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do?airportCode=SXM&airportQueryType=1

One of the beach bars has the schedule written on a surfboard so you can check that when you get there. The big planes tend to come in between about 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Bring a hat, lots of sunscreen, and if you can, an air-band radio. Tower is 118.7, approach/departure 128.95.

There are any number of taxis waiting at the pier to take people to Maho. For the trip back, just hail one of the many cabs that will be cruising on the little road between the runway and the beach.

This website is very helpful. You can adjust the date and time to see what flights are due in, so if you know what day of the week you will be there, you can figure out the general schedule for that weekday; it should be about the same as when you are there. But I would recheck a week or two before you leave just to be sure schedules haven't changed.

http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do?airportCode=SXM&airportQueryType=1

One of the beach bars has the schedule written on a surfboard so you can check that when you get there. The big planes tend to come in between about 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Bring a hat, lots of sunscreen, and if you can, an air-band radio. Tower is 118.7, approach/departure 128.95.

There are any number of taxis waiting at the pier to take people to Maho. For the trip back, just hail one of the many cabs that will be cruising on the little road between the runway and the beach.

I asked this question in another thread where you said the same thing, but, again, how do you adjust the date on this website?

gary

Archived