My laugh for the day . . .

Onessa

I saw this on my DD's high school's web site this morning:

In accordance with school policy, students may be excused to participate in deer hunting with their family if prior approval is obtained. Only phone calls from parents will be accepted. No notes. Please plan ahead. Students must obtain a pre-excused absence form from the Attendance Office at least two days prior to the planned absence.

This is from a district that already extends Thanksgiving holiday by a day-and-a-half to accommodate the "gun" deer hunting season.

This is why I did not have any qualms requesting an excuse to pull her from two-and-a-half days of school when she was in 8th grade for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise. Literally 1/2 of her class was out at least one or more of those days!

Ha ha, I totally get this; deer season is in full force and I doubt if our local school would blink an eye at a deer absence. But, I don't know of an official policy.....

We live in Nebr., which has lots of hunters, but a son lives in Montana. Just try getting anything much done up there during; deer, elk, moose, bear, season etc. If you try to press, say, an electrician or plumber to finish a job during hunting season you will get a incredulous look, like, why are you even asking?

Schools are pretty flexible as to vacation schedules both here and in Montana--we took 7 grandkids on a cruise two years ago and got absolutely no flack from the schools.

Just to mention, I am a former teacher; I still believe vacations, even during school, are educational and broadening. And no, I don't mean broadening that way!

HAHAHAHA! Looks like our districts' policy!

And yes - next Monday is a day off for the kids - "First Day of Buck"

It's like a National Holiday around here

So - when do you think WE are cruising? Oh yeah, that's right, we fly out on Thanksgiving and we will put "Hunting Season" to good use :D

Archived