Found A Princess Attic Treasure

Seafoam Green

I am in the process of cleaning out the attic of my parents' home. This week I came across a beautiful Princess Commemorative Cruise Album, a complete collection of Princess Patters and Port Guides from the Crown Princess, 11/24 - 12/9/1997, Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale.

Did anyone here take this cruise? Do they still issue these albums? This cruise was just one of many Princess cruises for my folks, their first was to Alaska in June 1993.

The captain of the Crown was Antonio Vito, Cruise Director was Paul Burns, and the price of the Drink of the Day was $2.75. :)

I am in the process of cleaning out the attic of my parents' home. This week I came across a beautiful Princess Commemorative Cruise Album, a complete collection of Princess Patters and Port Guides from the Crown Princess, 11/24 - 12/9/1997, Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale.

Did anyone here take this cruise? Do they still issue these albums? This cruise was just one of many Princess cruises for my folks, their first was to Alaska in June 1993.

The captain of the Crown was Antonio Vito, Cruise Director was Paul Burns, and the price of the Drink of the Day was $2.75. :)

What a lovely thought I hope you find someone from that cruise I love the price of the drinks ;);)

Making a cruise album is a do-it-yourself project now, but if they offered it, that's one souvenir I'd probably buy! Seeing cruise details from 15 years ago would be interesting. And I agree about the drink of the day price - definitely rates a smiley face! Oh, the good ol' days...

Cheers,

Kirsten

I think that Princess would say that their Reflections CD is the equivalent of an album. It isn't, but does serve some of the same functions.

I agree. We bought the Rreflections DVD (one of our prior cruisess) and IMHO it was more of a Princess commercial that an overview of our cruise.....

Bob

We did the Regal, sister of Crown, from San Francisco to Ft Lauderdale 9/16/96 for 17 days. I believe we received one of those Albums but as we're in moving transition right now, I can't even look for it!

It used to be that you'd receive each of the menus for your cruise--that's right, they were printed especially for your cruise. At one time a gift, then later for purchase, if memory serves. Those were the pre-Carnival ownership days.

We did the Regal, sister of Crown, from San Francisco to Ft Lauderdale 9/16/96 for 17 days. I believe we received one of those Albums but as we're in moving transition right now, I can't even look for it!

It used to be that you'd receive each of the menus for your cruise--that's right, they were printed especially for your cruise. At one time a gift, then later for purchase, if memory serves. Those were the pre-Carnival ownership days.

Yep - many good memories from the pre-Carnival ownership days. Used to feel so special and spoiled on Princess. Not so much any more.

Archived