MIA Check In DETAILS

Chef P

Can anyone who has done this process please give me details as to the check in process at Miami airport for Platinum guests and regular passengers?

Once you check in at MIA and are given a zone card do you proceed to the POM and go to the VIP lounge ( If platinum ) and other passengers wait in the general waiting area with their zone cards? If General boarding hasnt already begun?

I know they give you an "A" pass but what does "A" pass really get you?

Can anyone who has done this process please give me details as to the check in process at Miami airport for Platinum guests and regular passengers?

Once you check in at MIA and are given a zone card do you proceed to the POM and go to the VIP lounge ( If platinum ) and other passengers wait in the general waiting area with their zone cards? If General boarding hasnt already begun?

I know they give you an "A" pass but what does "A" pass really get you?

There are signs to follow that say VIP or PRIORITY .. follow those.. only if you are Platinum .. Diamond .. booked a suite or have purchased the FF thingie;)

I dont think I have made my question clear, I know where the VIP lounge is, what I am wondering is if you do the check in at Miami Airport they give you a boarding pass that says "A"

when you get to the port, where do they direct you, both platinum and regular passengers?

Does this "A" pass get you to the front of the line ( boarding first ) similar to FTTF package?

Did it last week as FTTF but the airport people where to board the same time with us. All I can say is it was total Chaos!! This was our 9th Carnival cruise and it by far was the worst embarkation that that we ever had! It was so bad I will never cruise out of Miami with Carnival again. They had no one sitting by zones and when it was time to board it was a free for all!!! If we would have kids with us I would have been afraid they would have gotten trampled. It really was that bad.

My apologies missed that part of your post.about the airport.. you shouldn't have an issue anyways when getting to the pier unless you are supper late.. if not you will get onboard with the rest! you get no preference that I have seen

Did it last week as FTTF but the airport people where to board the same time with us. All I can say is it was total Chaos!! This was our 9th Carnival cruise and it by far was the worst embarkation that that we ever had! It was so bad I will never cruise out of Miami with Carnival again. They had no one sitting by zones and when it was time to board it was a free for all!!! If we would have kids with us I would have been afraid they would have gotten trampled. It really was that bad.

Sorry to hear this, thanks for the heads up

My husband and son checked in today at the Miami Airport for their Destiny cruise. There was only one person in front of them in line. They were given their sail and sign cards with picture taken already. Once at the port, they only had to go through security and they they walked on the ship. They got to the pier around 11am. They were one of the first people on the ship. You do not need to fly in the day of the cruise to use that service either.

My husband and son checked in today at the Miami Airport for their Destiny cruise. There was only one person in front of them in line. They were given their sail and sign cards with picture taken already. Once at the port, they only had to go through security and they they walked on the ship. They got to the pier around 11am. They were one of the first people on the ship. You do not need to fly in the day of the cruise to use that service either.

So if you fly in the day before can you check in at the airport? What happens the next day when you get to the port?

So do I have to carry my luggage on myself or do we give it to the porters on arrival to the pier with the airport check-in?

Regards, Police46

You are required to hand over your luggage in Miami to the porters at curbside. They will identify it as VIP/FTTF if need be and place in special area, if not it will be transported by deck and arrive later in the day. Then you may proceed inside with roll along/carryons. You can carry on whatever normally fits through an airport xray scanner as that is next step of showing ID/boarding pass and security scanning. In addition to luggage,you may only cary on small coolers 10" or something like that. Hope this helps. We just sailed in Oct. and being VIP boarded at 11:00am and luggage arrived at 11:20! Earliest ever on board and with luggage on Destiny.

Archived