Cell phones with international calling?

lola4795

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_88#q-544926

Can I use my cell phone on the ship?

Yes, cell phone service is available on all ships in the Carnival fleet. While your ship is at sea, the cellular system is activated and you can make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, as well as view emails and browse the Internet with over 300 carriers worldwide. International roaming rates apply and are set and billed by your home carrier. Charges will appear on your regular cell phone bill. Please contact your carrier before your cruise to check rates for each service and ensure your plan allows you to roam. For more information, visit http://www.cellularatsea.com

International roaming rates apply

roaming is the key word here-- you may have "free" international minutes but you will pay for the roaming charges- especially at sea.

your phone also may have the internet--- but you still will have to pay the going rate when using that on the ship.

you also want to turn your data off---

I am amazed when we cruise how many people are sitting in a chair just chatting away on the phones with no clue as they are racking up charges with their plan.

Many people think because they have the international plan--calling from a ship will be free

Regardless of your cell phone provider or plan all cell phone calls from the ship are through Cellular at Sea and are billed at the rate determined by your provider. Data roaming is also available but is very poor and slow. When the ship is at a port calls & data are made through the local provider under your carriers international roaming plan.

Check with you provider for the details

roaming is the key word here-- you may have "free" international minutes but you will pay for the roaming charges- especially at sea.

your phone also may have the internet--- but you still will have to pay the going rate when using that on the ship.

you also want to turn your data off---

I am amazed when we cruise how many people are sitting in a chair just chatting away on the phones with no clue as they are racking up charges with their plan.

Many people think because they have the international plan--calling from a ship will be free

Thanks for this answer! Glad I checked first!

Archived