Just booked fantasy

spotter27

I used to live in Charlotte so I know where Indian Trail is. Small world. Have not been on the Fantasy yet. Leave on 12/3/12. Brother and Sister-In-Law have been on the Fantasy several times and love it.

As far as parking, if you are driving down the day before. I would look for a stay and park package with free shuttle. Several of the Mt. Pleasant hotels are offering them.

Have a great cruise.

We're going out on the Fantasy in January and just booked the Shem Creek Inn for $100. It includes parking while on the cruise. You may want to consider that hotel. That seems like a good deal since it's not much more than just the cost of parking at the port. It seems that most of the hotels that include parking are either near the airport or in Mt Pleasant. I had read on the boards that the airport area could be a little unsafe, so we went for Mt Pleasant...of course, for all I know, they're the same!!!

If anyone has negative information about Shem Creek, please let us know, because I think we can still cancel without a penalty.

Thanks!

I am booked on Fantasy Out of Charleston anyone ever been? Anything I need to know? How much is parking at the port?

spotter27, Wife and I have been on the Fantasy 11 times in the last two years and love it. We drive down from NC and park at port the morning of the cruise. Parking is now $17.00 a day but free if you have a handicap license/placard. I suggest you read some of the reviews out on the ship and hope you enjoy your cruise:) Pink

We have been on Fantasy in June of 2010 and most recently in March of this year. There are two picture heavy reviews in my signature if you are interested in reading them. Just click on the link. :)

We love her so much that we are going again for a 7 day in a few weeks! It certainly makes it convenient since we live here too!

all4fun&fun4all.... Is it possible for us to unload our luggage, have hubby drop us off at the place you get the shuttle, then hubby leave & take our car to a friends house for the duration of the cruise? Can friend then return & drop hubby off at the port? Friend only lives 3 miles away, so just trying to save a little $$$$. ;)

all4fun&fun4all.... Is it possible for us to unload our luggage, have hubby drop us off at the place you get the shuttle, then hubby leave & take our car to a friends house for the duration of the cruise? Can friend then return & drop hubby off at the port? Friend only lives 3 miles away, so just trying to save a little $$$$. ;)

That sounds totally do-able. As long as everyone has their documents (Boarding passes and I.D's) that should be fine. Your friend would not need boarding passes of course. I believe that the line for taxis and shuttles are different than the line for family/friends dropping off though. Believe me, I know all about the saving money thing!

Ah, I found a link to the FAQ for the terminal. Scroll down to page 3 regarding having someone drop you off. It will tell you where to go. :)

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/cruises/documents/Cruise_FAQs.pdf

We're going out on the Fantasy in January and just booked the Shem Creek Inn for $100. It includes parking while on the cruise. You may want to consider that hotel. That seems like a good deal since it's not much more than just the cost of parking at the port. It seems that most of the hotels that include parking are either near the airport or in Mt Pleasant. I had read on the boards that the airport area could be a little unsafe, so we went for Mt Pleasant...of course, for all I know, they're the same!!!

If anyone has negative information about Shem Creek, please let us know, because I think we can still cancel without a penalty.

Thanks!

You will love the Shem Creek area, it is amazingly popular with bars and restaurants on both sides of one of the most photographed bodies of water in the State and it is very safe.

The hotels near the airport used to be (6+ years ago or so) sketchy but there are now some very nice hotels in North Charleston (the Aloft and Embassy Suites at the Convention Center being the nicest) I have never seen a city change as drastically as has North Charleston, which is a completely different city than Charleston (like Mt Pleasant, Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island or one of the other cities in Charleston County other than Charleston itself.) North Charleston really used to be something of a dump now it is home to Boeing, a spectacular performing arts center and a lot more, but if you can afford Charleston or Mount Pleasant, do it.

Archived