One Man's Review of the Caribbean Princess

lovelearnteach

I find this review to be.......  

127 members have voted

1. 1. I find this review to be.......

After lunch we all went back to our rooms to get ready and meet back in the Piazza. Sherry was going on the same tour that was cancelled so we decided to just take a local tour when we got off the ship. So our tour being cancelled was a blessing in disguise, as the line to get off the ship was redonkulous! We sat in the Piazza watching the never ending line, thinking how lucky we are we don't have to be in that line. So after the lines eventually went away we sauntered off the ship and started asking how much for a tour, we went with a guy who said $20pp for a 2-hour tour. Our guide Anna was a real hoot, and had us laughing for 2 hours.

305.jpg.ad0a33c1c0fc8ac9c37c2336b3f03474.jpg

307.jpg.d19211f81ac09d4c46fe31b18625707a.jpg

308.jpg.9e3658d1591778eacd8ae889de9a6226.jpg

After lunch we all went back to our rooms to get ready and meet back in the Piazza. Sherry was going on the same tour that was cancelled so we decided to just take a local tour when we got off the ship. So our tour being cancelled was a blessing in disguise, as the line to get off the ship was redonkulous! We sat in the Piazza watching the never ending line, thinking how lucky we are we don't have to be in that line. So after the lines eventually went away we sauntered off the ship and started asking how much for a tour, we went with a guy who said $20pp for a 2-hour tour. Our guide Anna was a real hoot, and had us laughing for 2 hours.

Great info. How many people went with you on the "Anna" tour ?

Great info. How many people went with you on the "Anna" tour ?

It was on an air conditioned school bus. They wouldn't leave until there were 20 people on it. One couple got on, realized they had left something in their cabin, went back to retrieve the item and returned all while we waited to get the 20.

I'd guess it took about 30 minutes.

Our fellow passengers kept us quite entertained during the wait. AND during the tour!

They will drop you off near the swing bridge if you want to shop afterwards, or bring you back to the ship.

Ken hope that you don't mind me answering the question.

It was on an air conditioned school bus. They wouldn't leave until there were 20 people on it. One couple got on, realized they had left something in their cabin, went back to retrieve the item and returned all while we waited to get the 20.

Our fellow passengers kept us quite entertained during the wait. AND during the tour!

They will drop you off near the swing bridge if you want to shop afterwards, or bring you back to the ship.

Thank-you. I am really enjoying this thread; getting so many answers. Ken, please keep up the model of "lovelearnteach"!!!! Thanks Sherry for the answer.

At breakfast the Captain announced that we were going to be late getting into Curacao, possibly an hour later than the scheduled 1p.m. arrival time. When we went back to our room there was a message it was the tour desk our tram-trolly tour was cancelled. Then Sherry called and we decided to have lunch together, but she wanted us to come check out her window suite before lunch. OMG I'm truly jealous, it was an awesome suite to bad only 3 Princess ships have them. Sherry that lil devil got me a gift, a high heel shoe tape dispenser :D. I'm always posting pix of shoes on facebook, I have a thing for shoes, so that was so sweet of her, and so unexpected :).

Nice

Fabulous review! A friend and I are going on this cruise January 12th - can't wait!! Any idea on what the weather is like in January in the ports we'll (hopefully) be stopping in? Is it warm enough to swim (both in the ocean and the pools on the ship?) Usually we go with a balcony, but to save $, we got a great deal on a guarantee - Room E517 with only a partial lifeboat blockage. I know it's hard to go back, once you've had a balcony, but I really need this cruise and the Wisconsin weather is starting to act like Wisconsin weather in the winter - cold and getting colder! BTW, I think I've gained 20 lbs just looking at your food pics - fantastic!

:) Thank-you sweets, jump in anytime ;):)!

Fabulous review! A friend and I are going on this cruise January 12th - can't wait!! Any idea on what the weather is like in January in the ports we'll (hopefully) be stopping in? Is it warm enough to swim (both in the ocean and the pools on the ship?) Usually we go with a balcony, but to save $, we got a great deal on a guarantee - Room E517 with only a partial lifeboat blockage. I know it's hard to go back, once you've had a balcony, but I really need this cruise and the Wisconsin weather is starting to act like Wisconsin weather in the winter - cold and getting colder! BTW, I think I've gained 20 lbs just looking at your food pics - fantastic!

:) Thank-you, the average high in Jan. is 84F. I went swimming in the Bahama's in Jan. which is much farther north than the ABC islands. Of course there's no real way to predict the weather, but I will be shocked if you don't have a swim in the ocean :).

Ken,

Do you remember which terminal the Caribbean Princess went out of?

I am Trying to figure out parking option and the terminal makes a big difference on what we chose.

I talked to Princess today, and they did not know at this time.

Thanks!

Ken,

I am Trying to figure out parking option and the terminal makes a big difference on what we chose.

Thanks!

It does not matter which terminal it went out of on this cruise. It may be the same or different on your cruise. It depends on which other Princess ships may be in port that day.

We laughed our way through Curacao, maybe the stop at the Curacao Liqueur Factory with the "all the free samples you want" helped ;):D. We had the option of being left off at the shopping area, which my uncle and I chose, or going back to the ship. Thank goodness I just kept snapping away on the camera or I wouldn't remember half of what I saw. I won't bother you with every photo here are a few of the highlights.

309.jpg.fcfc26f98a5c8ef6704a82080b7d8081.jpg

313.jpg.7a13dae7d14a11add39ea174fbb0a8ec.jpg

331.jpg.c8791eb5e1091205e935448352557c13.jpg

332.jpg.f8f7ab2b47892eb2898ac3b84594d410.jpg

358.jpg.58cfbc3a09a8eb7ce9bff1ce85640441.jpg

361.jpg.1048b809d84d75bf5a52bb9112bfdab2.jpg

362.jpg.89bce02e5abbbb39c6923dd0fe8cfd75.jpg

403.jpg.d8d7475de59c54657df161cce748354d.jpg

404.jpg.6ee20127c677e89ac171b80084f0312f.jpg

405.jpg.3e104221c2b5d7d1ae56987ffafa24d6.jpg

411.jpg.860c9e3a6d60e64617fe81f505b179a7.jpg

416.jpg.ca37cf6d8c3bbdadc5d2b3849c2e78df.jpg

448.jpg.0e60edbaf8a1c363f8c24a13a3e6895b.jpg

460.jpg.2d3818977b1f9c3ac8623f67b6226b8f.jpg

462.jpg.902193039af95b57b9b0f9cc77209d81.jpg

463.jpg.8ab41274ade230adef11d72e1526032b.jpg

Ken,

Thanks!

I'm sorry I honestly don't remember, it was the same one we have gone out of for the last 3 years. Would it say on any of the patters anywhere?

We had entertained the idea of eating dinner on the island, but there's something about being in an unfamiliar place at night that puts me on edge. My uncle is special needs and this was our 1st ever time stepping foot on this island. It got dark within a half an hour after being dropped off from the tour. I had also been looking at the ships tour which was cook your own meal at a mansion for $100. I kinda felt that was a little pricey to cook my own food, as I felt we could get a good meal at a restaurant and get waited on hand and foot for that price. Ultimately we decided we had a wonderful meal waiting for us that was already paid for in the MDR on the ship :).

I started off with Carpaccio di Manzo (not pictured), Zuppa Fredda di More di Bosco, Scaloppine di Vitelo alla Milanese and the Hazelnut Semifreddo. All very delicious to me, sorry for the bad pic of the veal, I was in such a hurry to devour it :D, and was it mmmm mmmm good :).

467.jpg.936ed5e85dd46c36f6d1baf2eaecba64.jpg

468.jpg.68918f892e56cda662af76f61d41fcb8.jpg

469.jpg.9717c27b017e79136df192376884e286.jpg

471.jpg.1eb336d6ac733b722c014e127fe4ffe5.jpg

472.jpg.3d0306b2582e286d6f7506c415924fa3.jpg

473.jpg.1fbae50a9dcaa0dff7fab40e53a35fff.jpg

After dinner we head back to the room to get ready for the 'Retro-A-Go-Go' party in Club Fusion. Here's my '70's' look, they were handing out flashing rings and glow bracelets at the entrance. We listened to the funky white boys play that music, we boogied for a bit, we caught a Saturday Night Fever and eased on down the road back to our room, it was like groovy man :rolleyes::p:D. Peace my fellow brothers and sisters :).

477.jpg.29057cdcb1bdb8dffe3a37c48895b9d4.jpg