freedom of the seas room 1400 to JS?

Ok so right now we have room 1400 on freedom of the seas, which we are really happy about (we had it once before) BUT we could upgrade to a JS for $340. We have had JS's before and love the walk in closet. Don't care much for the bathtub (with the shower curtain). I know that if the JS on the hump on the 9th floor was available we would take it in a heartbeat, we had it last year and loved it. Ok, so they do have 9568 and 9268 available. the only thing is, on the deck plan there aren't any rooms across from it, it is just blank. I would hate to be across from the linens room. Does anyone know what is there, then we can make a decision. thanks....

Ok so right now we have room 1400 on freedom of the seas, which we are really happy about (we had it once before) BUT we could upgrade to a JS for $340. We have had JS's before and love the walk in closet. Don't care much for the bathtub (with the shower curtain). I know that if the JS on the hump on the 9th floor was available we would take it in a heartbeat, we had it last year and loved it. Ok, so they do have 9568 and 9268 available. the only thing is, on the deck plan there aren't any rooms across from it, it is just blank. I would hate to be across from the linens room. Does anyone know what is there, then we can make a decision. thanks....

I can't tell you exactly what's across from 9568 or 9268, but you can always do a search on those cabin numbers in this forum and see what others have said. I don't think I'd hesitate to choose either one if I really wanted a JS.

That said, I wouldn't give up #1400 for a JS, as much as I enjoy JS cabins.

Now, if you are Diamond and going for the Diamonds in Dec. extra points, then I do think it's worth you switching up to the JS.

We really enjoy the aft cabins, and we will be on the Freedom the week after you in a Deck 7 JS aft. I know people complain about the superstructure, but I enjoy the bigger balconies enough not to care. It's just part of the whole experience, for me.

Basically, it's all about personal preference. Do you like the aft balcony and corner cabin enough to forgo a bit of extra closet space?

must not be looking in the right places, can't find anything on those 2 cabins. I think I would rather keep 1400 but I think my DH wants a shorter walk from the elevators. If we could upgrade without any $$ then I probably would but I hate to give up my 1400 and pay $340. We are diamond members so we will get double credit for our room now, course we could get triple credit in the js.

I know it's different for everyone, but I've never thought the walk to the aft cabins were an issue at all, so that's never a factor for us.

I feel your quandary! I really like 1400 too, and would hate to give it up, but I'd go for the triple points. I'm on the brink of D+ though, so that makes it an easy choice.

Whatever you choose, have a great cruise. We'll wave at you leaving the ship when we're getting on. :D

must not be looking in the right places, can't find anything on those 2 cabins. I think I would rather keep 1400 but I think my DH wants a shorter walk from the elevators. If we could upgrade without any $$ then I probably would but I hate to give up my 1400 and pay $340. We are diamond members so we will get double credit for our room now, course we could get triple credit in the js.

I know it's different for everyone, but I've never thought the walk to the aft cabins were an issue at all, so that's never a factor for us.

I feel your quandary! I really like 1400 too, and would hate to give it up, but I'd go for the triple points. I'm on the brink of D+ though, so that makes it an easy choice.

Whatever you choose, have a great cruise. We'll wave at you leaving the ship when we're getting on. :D

I know, I think about the triple points too so we can get to diamond + that much quicker. (3 triple points or 4 double points will get us there) As for the walk to the aft, I kind of like it, gets me to walk off some of the desserts...No where near all the desserts but a couple;)

The walk isn't far enough to "burn off calories"...but it IS long enough to be a major pain, if you come and go to the cabin during the daytime hours.....

I'd MUCH rather be closer to the stairs and elevators. We don't entertain on the balcony, so a JS balcony is MORE than ample!

Archived