Royal Caribbean kids club

Barbara H

Hello, I'm sure this has been asked before, but I wasn't sure how to word it in the search option, so I'll ask again. In Royal Caribbean's kid center can my then 12 years old son move down to to the 9-11 age program? He will have just had his birthday and is young for his age, and that way he can be with his younger brother.

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how many kids are on board, and if the club is filled up, but they are very strict on age, and they will know the ages of all the children. If there aren't many kids, they may be a little less restrictive, but don't count on them allowing an older child into a younger group.

I tried to get an anaswer on this from RC before making our reservation. Even went so far as to tell them that our reservation for a family group of 13 depended on it and if they would not permit it that we would book with Princess whose age groups fitted our needs. We were trying to get a guarantee that a 6 year old could join his 3 cousins in the 3-5 group. The age group on Princess runs 3-6. Even with this hanging over them they would not issue a committment. The best I could get is that it would not be decided until after we boarded and that it would be up to the kid's program coordinator (forget what they called the person exactly), but that they would be very understanding and would do everything they could to accommodate us. I also tried through an executive who works at RC to get a committment and failed. In spite of all that we booked anyhow - our cruise is in December. I just don't understand why they are so rigid, and from a marketing standpoint could not believe that they would stick to their guns even to the point of possibly losing the business. I believe they are even more strict on a move to a higher age groiup and the child has to spend a day in the proper group being observed and "tested" to see if they are mature enough. Good luck.:eek:

I found them to be very strict on the age groups. I've never encountered the 12 year old kids yet though. On the Monarch, that age group has a totally different hang out area on a different deck. In the lower age groups, like through age 11, I noticed that in the after hour care, they would play a lot of games with both age groups at the same time. I'm sure that if you talked to the kid's program manager and explained the maturity issue to him/her, they might slide.

Archived