Martini tasting questions...

elgato2

For those who have done the martini tasting..I'm looking forward to this on my upcoming cruise..

Do you have to sample all four at one sitting or can you use it throughout the week?

I'm not much of a drinker but love martinis (in small doses)..I'd like to sample one or two one day and then perhaps one or two on another day before dinner..then order a regular size if I like it;)

This may be a stupid question but I'm curiious and with only 20 days left to go..I'm thinking of EVERYTHING!

Defintely do the martini tasting. you do all 4 at once. At first, I shared with DH - so we shared all of them to find out our favorites. We liked them, so we did another four. We always want to do this on our cruises, but for some reason time runs out and we get involved in other things. I keep saying, this cruise, I want to do that again...

We did our martini tasting on the Victory. :)

Martini tasting is a scheduled thing on the capers or you can do it any time the martini bar is open?

On our Valor cruise in September, the Martini tasting was advertised almost every night. It started either just before or just after the Friends of Dorothy meeting that was held in the same location.

They did advertise in the Fun Times and in big signs in the walkway.

Thanks for the info...Dh will be with me..(doesn't like martinis)He'll have to learn to like them..or be willing to carry me to dinner..2 would put me on my A**!:o

Seriously, they are not as large as regular martinis, nor are they as strong - I am sure even a non-seasoned drinker can handle it. We did it twice on a b2b (sharing) and tipped him nicely the first time. Every time we walked by the bar (ours was on deck 5 - bar beyond the coffee bar) he would call us over to sample a new one he came up with (free) - of course we tipped again so he really looked out for us. We probably got a lot more than our moneys worth. We also do the wine tasting - now that is worth it - was $10 now $15 I think and held usually the 3rd or 4th day at noon. Enjoy.

Ah this sounds awesome!! What were everyones favorites!?

I found most of them way too sweet for my taste - I am a rye and water drinker normally so I tend towards the tarter ones - any one with cranberry juice is my choice but I like the Classic the best

Archived